June 2012 Weddings

Chit Chat Anyone?

I'm laying on the couch watching Glee and getting super annoyed with the people above us. I've called 3 times about their noise and nothing. I'm calling again tomorrow and demanding something be done. Ugh!

Re: Chit Chat Anyone?

• Thats annoying! Luckily I've never had to worry about that because in college I lived on the top floor my last 3 years, then lived home until FI and I moved into our house. 

I'm just around watching tv, browsing around on Pinterest.  I'm trying to find a hairstyle I want that will work with my headband since it's got elastic in back and I'm not wearing a veil to cover it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_chit-chat-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:622423c5-84ff-4a32-8c4a-d69e9aa3897fPost:19dff884-b129-47db-a6a1-1b7c9be661a9">Re: Chit Chat Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats annoying! Luckily I've never had to worry about that because in college I lived on the top floor my last 3 years, then lived home until FI and I moved into our house.  I'm just around watching tv, browsing around on Pinterest.  I'm trying to find a hairstyle I want that will work with my headband since it's got elastic in back and I'm not wearing a veil to cover it.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]
    It's tricky because I work in advertising with our school newspaper and my property management company is a client of mine. The guy I work with never answers the phone the receptionists do so I'm definitely gonna tell them something needs to be done. There's also someone that blares music really loud and we can feel it in our walls but I can't figure out who it is.<div>
    </div><div>Do you have pics of your accessories?</div>
  • This is my headband (from DB):

I'm not sure what earrings yet and probably won't wear a necklace.  This is my dress (obv. not on me...that pic wouldn't upload):

What kind of earrings do you think? And I'm thinking I want to do an updo since it is the end of June and I wear my hair up often.

• Apparently headbands and updos like what you might want were a bug trend at the Golden Globes. Here's a link to People with a couple different options. http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/gallery/0,,20552369_20561867,00.html
  • I'm here. I'm so exhausted. I need to be studying for my multiple exams but I haven't even started yet. I am so sick of school, I cannot wait until I am done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Zims that's not bad....I don't know about the sideswept bangs though.  I don't mind them to the side, but my hair isn't cut for them to go across my forehead....plus I think it would drive me nuts!
  • Yeah that's true. Are you definitely going for an updo? Here's one I remember I liked then switched to half up half down because it didn't look right with my dress
    You could not do the braid and that could be where your headband goes
  • I just got home from work. Watching "Glee" thanks to DVR. From everyone's FB comments it looks like it was a good one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I may be leaning towards one of these:
    Pinned Image

Pinned Image

It's just hard to tell because they don't have headbands in the picture.  My hair is dark and thick like the 2nd one without highlights.
  • Have you done any hair trials yet or have any planned?
  • I think it'd be fine if you did any of those and just put the headband in. The first one is my favorite.
  • I got off work super late today, drug myself to the gym and I just finished dinner. I hate eating so late but at least I got a good meal in. I am watching the Biggest Loser and working on reports for school. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't done any yet.  My hair and makeup trials are on March 17th. 
  • I think a hair trial would help ease your worries. I like all 3 options. My favorite may be the first one since it is a bit looser and would be easy to add in a headband
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not picky when it comes to getting my hair done.  I just wanted to go in and have an idea of what I want her to try, but I'm open to suggestions, too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_chit-chat-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:622423c5-84ff-4a32-8c4a-d69e9aa3897fPost:c0f78e87-581b-4697-a9c7-628f923c1798">Re: Chit Chat Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think a hair trial would help ease your worries.</strong> I like all 3 options. My favorite may be the first one since it is a bit looser and would be easy to add in a headband
    Posted by acn6497[/QUOTE]
    I agree. Actually seeing some of the styles on you should help you decide. 
  • Zims instead of calling the office, email them that way you have a record of it. We are fighting our management office on a huge issue and we have to do everything in writing so we have a paper trail. We are to the point of about to call housing authority (long story) so email helps even on little issues!
  • Katelyn, this may be an obvious question but have you talked to the people above you about it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_chit-chat-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:622423c5-84ff-4a32-8c4a-d69e9aa3897fPost:fa9cf8aa-2519-4d95-b44d-2520b513d3f4">Re: Chit Chat Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah that's true. Are you definitely going for an updo? Here's one I remember I liked then switched to half up half down because it didn't look right with my dress You could not do the braid and that could be where your headband goes
    Posted by Zimsgirl26[/QUOTE]

That is such a cute updo!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_chit-chat-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:622423c5-84ff-4a32-8c4a-d69e9aa3897fPost:29612630-60fb-45a3-b280-07d3f5cf4c26">Re: Chit Chat Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katelyn, this may be an obvious question but have you talked to the people above you about it?
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    No I didn't wanna get in a fight or anything like that :/ I'm not good with confrontation especially with people I don't know :/
  • Yeah, talk to the people above you. Just be polite and if they start being rude about it, just walk away. No need for a fight.

I feel horrible y'all. Like a rock is stuck in my throat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_chit-chat-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:622423c5-84ff-4a32-8c4a-d69e9aa3897fPost:41ac49f7-44a2-4961-9ec0-b9fe7f2df3e3">Re: Chit Chat Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, talk to the people above you. Just be polite and if they start being rude about it, just walk away. No need for a fight. Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  If you don't want to do it then Andrew should.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards