Canada
Options

Friday Wrap-Up!

Sorry for the lack of GTKY Monday's and Wedding Wednesdays - with the holidays last week and getting the flu on over the weekend, I am only now recovering.  PS - get a flu shot - the flu this year is BRUTAL!

Anyway - if you have any wedding or non-wedding related plans for the weekend, feel free to share.  Or if you've done something productive with the wedding planning lately we'd love to hear and see pictures!  This board is slow and we need some conversation! :)

As for me, I'll be packing, which is what I'll be doing for the next 6 weeks until I move!  Also I'll be catching up on planning and marking for school, and maybe going to see the Tim Burton exhibit and out for dinner with DH if he's feeling better (also sick).

Re: Friday Wrap-Up!

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going house hunting tonight! Baby Ringy needs more space so we're looking for a new one, and will be putting our cute little condo on the market. Sniff sniff.

This was the highlight of my week:

Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww Ringy it looks just like you!:p  Can't wait for all the updates - I have a few friends at various trimesters and it's such an exciting time!

House hunting is fun - house bidding wars is stressful - but all exciting in the end!  I understand the giving up the little condo - we are in 700 square feet and I know you are in something similar.  Not so bad sometimes, but when you both have the flu in a confined space?  Not so much.  Happy hunting!  Where abouts are you looking?
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now we're looking in the west end... Bloor (just east of High Park) or further north around Eglinton. I'm not opposed to the east end either, but for now we're focusing on the west end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_friday-wrap-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:fd2de09f-71ff-4667-9ad1-abe26ef375baPost:75b450af-8061-4a4a-a158-77a6f6c0b873">Friday Wrap-Up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the lack of GTKY Monday's and Wedding Wednesdays - with the holidays last week and getting the flu on over the weekend, I am only now recovering.  PS - get a flu shot - the flu this year is BRUTAL!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]
    Me too, Littlin. :(  Glad to hear you're doing better at least!  I definitely second your flu shot recommendation.  Apparently less people got the shot this season, so a lot more people are getting the flu.  A lot of people I know have gotten it.  Blows. :(

FI and I are going to spend the weekend getting our STD envelopes printed so that they can go out in the mail first thing Monday morning.  We kind of meant to get this done back in November, so it's really time....  Other than that, it should be a pretty boring weekend.  Partially because I gave FI the flu...Oops.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Baby Ring Pop!!  How cute!

Sorry to hear about all of you with the flu :-(  We've had a nasty stomach flu going around here (I've heard of it through a few areas in the province, I  actually think they've decided it's a strain of something bad because there's been alerts through the health district), my MOH even ended up in emergency.  Crossing my fingers I can keep avoiding both things, but yikes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea and wedding things..I forgot to talk about that...haha.

Actually, since January hit I've kind of finally started realizing we're getting married now (tis the year!), so I've started on gifts for my bridesmaids that I'm super excited about, the flowergirls parents have confirmed with me they really like the dress I found so they've both emailed me back and said they would order them, and I've been starting the collecting of guests addresses for invites!  Thank goodness for Facebook, almost everyone is right at my fingertips!
  • Options
    onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I finally started my wedding planning course (which is what prompted me to come back to the knot after these years).  It's been 7 years in the making that I've wanted to do this and I'm finally following my dream (or at least starting to head in the right direction).

No plans for the weekend since it's supposed to be super cold here. 

Ringpop cutest little picture ever.  Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards