Not Engaged Yet

Beer of choice?

As I mentioned previously, my admission to the Spice World singalong includes one beer. I don't like beer, but I will drink it if it's included. What's your beer of choice? Think more grocery store brands, which is probably what will be offered.

Re: Beer of choice?

• edited December 2011
    I don't really like beer either so normally I get some type of cider. Woodchucks is what I have in my fridge at the moment.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My absolute favorite beer (even compared to all the microbrews I've tried) is Sam Adams Summer Ale. But that probably won't be offered, so if you're not typically a beer drinker, I recommend ordering something with the word "light" in the name and drinking it quickly.
  • edited December 2011
    I love Franziskaner but it's an import. Blue moon is a good commercial wheat beer, it's a lighter beer too. Leinenkugel summer wheat is awesome because it tastes like blueberries! A lot of people like fat tire. I'm a picky strictly wheat beer girl but I do enjoy tecate light or Coors light, I guess it's the New Mexican in me. For not liking beer you may enjoy the Leinenkugel, it's light and you should stick with a light beer. I LOVE Spice World!
  • edited December 2011
    Magic Hat #9 or Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy or Berry Weiss
    5/27/12
  • edited December 2011
    I wish margaritas were included instead.

ETA: Thanks for your input! I've heard good things about Blue Moon...
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    I love beer :)

Stella
    Blue Moon
    Shock Top
    Corona
    Sol
    Sam Summer

All good summer beers.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Blue Moon, hands down. (Including Honey Moon, Harvest Moon, and I think there is one more seasonal one I have tried...)
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm boring I always stick to Bud Light.
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_beer-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d91061c-7da8-40dd-9d53-3ef0e4071ca6Post:ab8e284e-2f6f-462b-b9fe-7291aa9ce0ce">Re: Beer of choice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm boring I always stick to Bud Light.
    Posted by cdechristopher[/QUOTE]

That's how I was for a long time.
    5/27/12
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    Although, I have to say, the BEST summer beer in the world is a Bud Light in my right hand, accompanied by a hotdog in my left, seated at Fenway park. Just sayin'....
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I don't think my Canadian choices will help. if you aren't a beer fan I'd go with a lighter beer. Dark beers and ales can be an acquired taste.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_beer-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d91061c-7da8-40dd-9d53-3ef0e4071ca6Post:a359a697-7e00-4a7e-a00f-c8da7aa99631">Re: Beer of choice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beer of choice? : AMEN! Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I am Cdechristopher and I approve this post.
    friends tv show funy
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Blue Moon or Hoegarden... Blue Moon is my fave but it's a little heavier/butterier (is that a word?) for me so I can't really drink a bunch. 

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    My favorite is Michelob Ultra... After that I'd say Coors Light, then Miller Lite (yes, I like my beer to taste like waterLaughing)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You girls are hilarious!.

I don't like beer...I prefer liquor...but if i have to choose, I go for Bud Light.

Csousa... change fenway park to ...idk...wherever the Tigers play..(i don't remember...I am not THAT into baseball, I prefer hockey and football)...I agree! :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_beer-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d91061c-7da8-40dd-9d53-3ef0e4071ca6Post:2217fcfd-c402-495b-b09a-4f3802d0c7df">Re: Beer of choice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You girls are hilarious!. I<strong> don't like beer...I prefer liquor...but if i have to choose, I go for Bud Light.</strong>Csousa... change fenway park to ...idk...wherever the Tigers play..(i don't remember...I am not THAT into baseball, I prefer hockey and football)...I agree! :)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis"
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a huge beer person, but I prefer pale ales.  I like Wachussett Blueberry, Sam Summer, Blue Moon.  I hate all dark beers.
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the new belgium beers--they're very good.  I also like some of the sam adams ones. (Their light beer is quite decent!)

The  boyfriend likes shiner bock. 

Mostly, I drink wine though.  And margaritas!
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love beer :)

It depends on the place I'm drinking, if I'm going for something cheap, I normally get Bud Light, Dos Equis, etc.  However, if I'm somewhere with a good beer selection, I like craftier beers.  We have a brewery here called Four Peaks which is my absolute favorite ever (and they have awesome food) and I like almost all of their beers (except the Hop Knot, it tastes like plants).  Luckily, most of the local restaurants carry Four Peaks beer too, so I generally get that if they have it.
    Anniversary
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    For more grocery store type brands, I prefer Killian's or Dos Equis. Corona.

Miller Light or Michelob Ultra before any other kind of light or any Bud whatsoever.

Blue Moon is good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• laceesethlaceeseth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blue Moon is a favorite. Bud Light is good too. I recently tasted the Michelob Ultra LIme and Cactus. It may sound weird, but it was soooo good! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day." -The Notebook
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about your fancy American beers =P

I drink Keith's (Nova Scotian brewed for over 100 years), Bud Light (for by the river/pool), Stella (when I'm feeling civil) andddd just about anything else.  lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I like stouts and IPA's (Indian Pale Ale)! Anything with IPA on the label is going to be delicious. Its also one of the stronger beers, so thats nice. I agree with everyone on the Blue Moon front as well. And Pyramid has an apricot ale that is TO DIE.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    As a Boston transplant I've come to love our local schtuffs. Sam Summer is always an easy favorite, but if they have Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, go for that!

Also, if you like oranges and they have orange slices, blue moon is a good idea because you can squeeze the orange into the drink to make it a little less beer-y.
  • edited December 2011
    Does Smirnoff Ice count? 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yuengling, but I've heard that it's hard to come by in some places. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • edited December 2011
    Blue Moon or Magic Hat #9

Anniversary

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    FI loves Blue Moon.  When I could drink it, I would only drink the wheat ales (I was in Germany, they were delicious).  Mom was a Dos Equis fan.

Now I just drink wine and liquor :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_beer-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d91061c-7da8-40dd-9d53-3ef0e4071ca6Post:3bd943f8-0b99-4e70-a227-18ba8c740197">Re: Beer of choice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really like beer either so normally I get some type of cider. <strong>Woodchucks</strong> is what I have in my fridge at the moment.
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest the exact same thing! I don't like beer at all, so the ciders are a good choice.

Also, Strongbow. Issa gooood :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards