Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Makeup Trial?

Did you/is it appropriate to tip for my makeup trial?  If so, how much?  I'm having it on Thursday.  I'm using Clare from Ciel Cosmetics, she is doing it at my mom's house, and the trial itself is complimentary.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Makeup Trial?

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would tip her (that's just me though - I'm not sure the proper etiquette on this one). I would just figure that she's coming to do a trial free of charge, it would be a nice gesture to tip. I would take what I'm going to pay day of and tip 20% of that fee. Again, this is just what I would do...
  • kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this - I was wondering the same thing!
  • edited December 2011
    I tipped 20% too, but it ended up being just a few bucks because she only charged like $60 or something, so it was $12 or so.
  • edited December 2011
    Ooooo only $60, Kwynn who did you use for makeup?
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JL, Kwynn also used Clare from Ciel.  I have pricing info for her if you're interested- prices have gone up slightly but not too much!

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I would love it!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do I have your email?  If not, PM me please and I'll email you the document.

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards