Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Cape Cod Vendor Reviews

Cake- Dottie Lovely The Cake Lady
She did an amazing job! The cake was beautiful and extremely delicious. We had white cake with raspberry filling and also chocolate peppermint fudge. We received many compliments on how yummy it was.

DJ- Kevin from Cape Tunes
He was awesome. He kept the party going all night long which we weren't sure how it was going to work out because there was a lot of younger people and a lot of older people as well, but everyone had a great time on the dance floor.

Justice of the Peace-Captain Gary Chiljean
He is from bridgewater ma but travels to the cape for weddings. Did a great job, kept the ceremony short but very sweet and meaningful.

Sitting pretty-
They did a great job. All the linens and serve ware was there thursday for our saturday wedding. 

Venue- West Dennis Yacht Club

I can not say enough bad things about the workers here. The venue its self is gorgeous, but if you want any type of customer service or communication, I repeat DO NOT GO HERE. Our event planner Wendy Von Waldren was extremely flakey, has NO experience with weddings what so ever. Does not call or email back promptly take a few weeks for any type of response. She told us the night before our wedding that she was not going to be there because her son was graduating,and that we would be dealing with the club manager Sonia, whom we just met friday night. Sonia was just as bad. They are so unorganized and unprofessional it is not even funny. She had an attitude with the wedding party the second they got there saturday late afternoon. She was very rude to my family members who were helping set up the club that morning, she broke 2 centerpieces that I made and had no apologies for her self. She came in 20 minutes before dinner was going to be served as we were in line to be announced and said that I never told them what I or my husband chose for dinner which I know for a fact I did. We also paid to have the venue until when ever we liked until 12:30am at 10:15 she started to tell the bar and dj to close things up and that the wedding was to be over at 11pm. WRONG. Then  came to us at our table at 10:45 and accused us of not paying the $ limited open bar tab that was prepaid in the final payment. When groom got upset and said she was being very unprofessional when he asked if we could just take care of it sunday or monday, she threatened to kick him out of the club. On a different level the servers were awful as well. I had a table full of 10 people and the pregnant woman at the table was being served last. She did not receive a salad and when she politely asked the waitress, she said she would get it for her. Five minutes later her husband had to go up and get it off a serving tray himself. The wait staff was also clearing drinks off the tables of things that were 3/4 and 1/2 full especially if you had got up to dance for a few minutes people would come back and their drinks were gone. The bar staff was charging people different prices for the same drinks. So to sum everything up here...please look else where there are plenty of other beautiful venues on the cape to go to with MUCH better customer service. 

Re: Cape Cod Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    i'm sorry to hear about your experience witht he WDYC - my SIL got married there 2 1/2 years ago and everything went beautifully and we had my bridal shower there about 1.5 years ago and didn't have issues. Maybe there's new management (?) because you are not the first person in recent times to say that they don't return phone calls/are not very responsive.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes they have changed management in the middle of our contract. We originally signed with Christy and her partner Sandra who were awesome. They went through about 3 people from dec-jan and since then it had been Wendy and Sonia. Had they been there when we originally looked/signed contract we would have went else where. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards