Indiana-Indianapolis

Venue HELP!! PLEASE

I'm new at the wedding planning!! We are looking at having our wedding in January sometime. Hoping I can get some snow on the ground to change things up a little. :) But my BIG problem is finding a venue. I want to have wedding and reception at the same place. My fiances family lives out west around plainfield area and I live out east past downtown indy so we are trying to find something in between, indy aread, greenwood, carmel, nobelsville, or around about areas. I would really like to have no catering and be able to provide my own dj, food, photographer and all that so if anyone has any ideas please help me out!!!! thanks a BUNCH!!!

Re: Venue HELP!! PLEASE

• edited December 2011
    Are you asking about January 2012??  If so, that's a pretty short time frame, you may have some trouble finding vendors available! Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    How many people are you expecting?
    I think I have a few ideas for you but it depends how large you need the space to be for both the ceremony and reception.
    :)
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you!  I'm on the hunt for an Indy-area venue as well!  Check out the Indianapolis Yacht Club.  While it does require you use Centerplate catering, it's more affordable than many venues I've found.  Same goes for Valle Vista in Greenwood.  Super affordable!  As far as bringing in your own catering, that's something I really wanted to do as well, but after digging around I realized almost no venue allows you to do that, unfortunately.
  • Mahia96Mahia96 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im in the same boat as you! We are trying to plan a wedding for Dec of this year!  OUr wedding is going to be small (50-75 people) so I'll be watching this post for ideas.  Thanks! :)
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Ritz Charles has a chapel and venue all in one spot.  I think it's very reasonably priced (as far as weddings go).  Our wedding is there next weekend :)
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Avon Gardens is the only place offhand I know of that allows you to arrange your own catering.
  • alilangel0alilangel0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Valle Vista in March. You get discounted pricing in the off season and can set your minimum count as low as 50 in the off season only. They have venue/reception in the same place and offer a lot of cool choices. They set up everything for you and are really a one stop shop for everything: catering, centerpieces, cake, etc. Look into The Pros website  you can get DJ, photographer, and videographer for like $1500. Plus they offer a horse and carriage which is beautiful in the snow! :)
  • Mahia96Mahia96 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking into Valle Vista as well.  It looks beautiful!!  Do you know how much they require to put down to save the date?
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Valle vista as well! Im getting married there this November 4. And im doing the ceremony and reception there.They have a great staff and good prices! I don't remember the exact amount to hold the date, but I believe its $2,000. And they have off season prices! But they are a popular place, so I'd get a hold of them as soon as you can :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards