Ohio-Northeast
Options

Ceremony Music/String Quartet

Hey girls!  So, we're thinking stringed quartet for the ceremony music.  Anyone know of any off hand that they would recommend?  Thanks a bunch!! Laughing
Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music/String Quartet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just used Mayfield String Quartet on Saturday--except I had a duo (violinist/cellist).  Unfortunately I only heard the processional music, but they were great.  My guests loved them--I wish I had hired them for the whole cocktail hour instead of just the ceremony.  Tara was really easy to work with--I really recommend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suppose it depends on where you are at.  I am using the Stow String Quartet, if you are in the Akron area.  My wedding is not until May, so I have not heard them yet.  However, the orchestra teacher from my high school is a member of this quartet, and I have complete confidence in her and her quartet.  They are very reasonably priced for professional musicians.

Another option for you is to go to a university and post on boards around the music department a wedding gig.  Believe me (as a recently graduated music major) they are always willing to play a gig for a little extra money.  And it usually is just a little extra, if you are worried about cost.  Just be sure to audition them before you use them, if you go this direction.  

Good Luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    kendersonkenderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recommendations ladies!!  Much appreciated!
    Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards