Washington-Seattle

Dress Trial #2

Went to Alfred Angelo this weekend with my sis. I liked them a lot better than DB, better service and I thought the prices for the quality was way better.  Ended up loving this dress, though I feel its a little too formal for a beach side casual elegance kind of reception. Its satin with a chapel train and the back has more fancier detailing. This dress makes me look about 15-20lbs slimmer than i am and I love that.  Im not sure if its the one, but its definately a contender. I heart this dress.

Re: Dress Trial #2

• edited December 2011
    PRETTY!
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way about Alfred Angelo.  I understand what you're saying about being too formal for the beach.  I felt that way about a lot of dresses.  But, you can do whatever you want, and if you love this dress, get it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the most part, I think you can make anything work if you love it.  But keep looking b/c you may find something more "beachy" that you love more.  :)

(btw, I also waaaay preferred AA, and I like that dress on you!)
  • edited December 2011
    it is SOOOO pretty! i think it would be fine! you look gorgeous!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I loveeee that dress!!!! You look great in it. Our wedding is beachy too but I really don't care. You are the bride. you get to wear whatevery you want!

I tried on a few dresses at the Tacoma Wedding Expo this weekend from two different companies but the two dresses I liked actually both happened to be Alfred Angelo so I am thinking about scheduling an appt there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Beautiful!  I love dresses with the gathered midsection look - instantly slims! :)  It's really satin?  The way the light shines on it I would have thought it to be taffeta - beautiful material.  I agree, keep looking and if, after a couple more shops and visits you're still thinking about this dress, then you'll know. :)

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it, super flattering!
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is in my bio, I also think it's pretty formal for a beach wedding, but I don't care, it was the one I loved :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    OOOh so pretty hayley. I love the draping. And i really like your bridesmaids dresses. They compliment your dress very well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards