Chit Chat

need ideas

need ideas for a fire fighter theme

Re: need ideas

• Have you tried google?

Honestly, I think unless you do this carefully, it will look like a five-year-old's brithday party.   I would recommend that you do small thoughtful touches, like maybe have a fire-fighter helmet grooms cake, or favor cookies the shapes of fire trucks or something like that.  Are any of the bridesmaids/groomsmen firefighters?  It might be kind of cool to have them dressed in turnout gear to do an entry-way arch to welcome you into the reception.   Maybe you could do a few photos next to a fire engine?
    DSC_9275
  • Any theme you do needs to be done in small rather than large.

For colors I think of flames and ashes so I'd go with red, orange, pewter/silver/gray. 

You could also work a spotted dalmatian print (maybe on the invites and other paper items? or the cake?) since dalmatians are associated with firemen.  Using this print in large quantities would be too much though so just little touches here and there.

Centerpieces, first thing that comes to mind are candles since you'd want to bring in that fire element.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My FI is a volunteer firefighter and I wanted to incorporate that into our wedding.  Not really a theme though.  I found a nice firefighter garter, and am having a fire truck cake made.  Just little touches, but I think that will be enough.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'd look for vintage toy fire engines and go with more antique looking fireman related decor.  You might be able to find some nice stuff on etsy.  Maybe go for a dusty red rather than bright red, and a muted yellow.
    Photobucket
  • This one is good.. well said buddy..

Bridal dresses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards