Missouri-St Louis

Student/Amateur Photographer

Hello! We are in need of a student or amateur photographer for our May 2012 wedding. We went a little overboard with our videographer and spent our entire budget (totally worth it, no regrets). Has anyone used or does anyone know of a photographer that is just starting out that needs to build their portfolio?

Re: Student/Amateur Photographer

• daisywithakdaisywithak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Victor Liou.  He is a grad student at SLU and we are using him.  Here is a link to his page:

http://www.theliouphotography.net/
  • crh1020crh1020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Photos by Loria.  She is starting out and her prices are pretty reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    Kelly Renee Photography-- She is just starting out and has done a few family sessions; she hasn't done a wedding yet but is ready for the experience:

http://kellyreneephotography.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Love, Rachel photography, she's also just starting out but has done a few weddings. Very reasonably priced.
  • amandajadeamandajade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    One of my good friends does photography as well and is awesome! Her website is Bombshell events....

She's not an amateur persay, but she's just starting out so i'm sure she's got some deals and steals!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Be careful when choosing student photographers. Yes they are good deals, but your wedding day only happens once and you want it covered professionally with no details missed and high quality photos. Be prepared for student photogs who may potentially not be "on the ball" when on-the-fly thinking and problem solving regarding wedding coverage is required of them, because a lot of challenges do come up which are challenging even for seasoned professionals! I'd say go for one if you care more about saving money than getting nice wedding photos taken. I've had too many friends say they wished they would have gone for someone with more experience after seeing their wedding photos. Weddings are totally different from family and simple portrait photography!
    Amanda M Kar | Amkar Photography | St. Louis, MO | www.amkarphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    if you decide that you want to do videography, inner glow videography (you can find them on facebook) is a new company starting out, they are all graduate students or have masters degrees in videography, they are creative and have great attention to detail.....and are affordable!  I would strongly recommend it!
  • Hello do you still have contact information for Liou the photographer ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards