Military Brides

Dumb Question maybe.. and a wedding dress rant.

I'm always confused by The Knot's price range scale thing.. Exactly how much would a dress thats $$ be? and Why can't wedding dress websites tell me how much a dress is?! Besides David's Bridal, most dress websites just show you these gorgeous fabulous dresses but I'd personally like to know how much said gorgeous fabulous dress is before I let my self fall completly in love and then go to try the dress on and have a mild panic attack when I see the price tag!!
Maybe I'm having a blonde moment (DON;T GET OFFENDED LADIES!! No, I'm not blonde, but some of the smartest women I know are blondes, and I'm a firm believer that Blonde is a condition not a hair color) Does anyone know the secret? or any advice for dress shopping?! Thanks ladies!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dumb Question maybe.. and a wedding dress rant.

• SpunkchinSpunkchin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you deployed right now? If not, the best way to see the prices is to hit all the bridal salons you can. Not to mention falling in love with a dress from a photo online can really suck when you go to try it on and you hate how it looks on you. Just skip all that and start off trying on dresses that you know are in your price range.

If you don't really have access to bridal salons I'm a HUGE fan of Nordstrom's dress shop online and there are some phenomenal white gowns on there for even better prices. Plus they have a superb return policy.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a wedding dress online through thebridalgowns.com I knew what shape I was looking for and ordered it off there. They are designer knocksoffs so the sticker shock isn't so bad, and I had a great buying experience with them. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw somewhere that the $$ is between $500 and $1000. You can randomly find scales. I thought Allure Bridal wasn't terrible. They have a ton of dresses to choose from and everything is different. They are typically around $600-$900.
    Anniversary
  • tendonheadtendonhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They probably don't advertise prices because once they sell the dress to the boutiques, the boutiques can charge what they want for them. They don't want to give a price on a website because they sell them to boutiques well under what we all pay for them. I agree just start shopping around and see what you like. I went in a boutique first to look for bridesmaid dresses. While I was there, I scoped prices for bridal dresses to get an idea of what that store charged. Don't be afraid to shop around! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Ladies!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards