Louisiana-New Orleans

Royal Sonesta reviews?

Hi everyone,

We're looking at the Royal Sonesta for our ceremony (in the courtyard) and reception (in the soon to be remodeled Fleur De Lis room). I've heard that in the past, the previous wedding coordinators weren't so great. I have heard that the one they have now "runs a tight ship" but I'd like to check in with other brides to see what your experiences of the Royal Sonesta have been.

Any advice or words of wisdom?

Thanks!
Morgan
Soon to be a Mrs! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Royal Sonesta reviews?

• edited December 2011

I'll be honest, it was between the royal sonesta and the omni. We met with Wyeth and she was really nice, etc.etc. We were planning an outdoor wedding with reception in the Fleur De lis room and she honestly dropped the ball. I tried to get in touch with her after the meeting to book everything and she was too busy to give a call back. Celeste is great at the Omni and I really just felt better going with someone who would take the time to call me back.

• edited December 2011
    I'll agree with you. I'm finding out now that Wyeth is so difficult to get in touch with! Celeste on the other hand has called me twice to talk. My big concern with the Omni is that I want an outdoor wedding and the courtyard seemed so noisy with that generator. Are you concerned about that as well?
    Soon to be a Mrs! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am super concerned! I didn't even notice it when I first went to view it. ( i'm not sure how i missed it!) but yes, i'm hoping my music will drown it out. What about you? When is you getting married?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards