Delaware

Vendor reviews with some PIPs

Rhearsal Dinner: Pomodoro's
The most authentic Italian food I've ever had and we are very Italian! The owner is so easy to work with and the food can't be beat!! We're going back next week for lunch. If not for an event, just go for dinner! It's a small place. We had about 50 people and we had the whole restaurant (it's just one room). Loved it there.

Church: St. Thomas the Apostle, Wilmington, DE
A gorgeous church with an awesome laid back priest and the sweetest secretary I've ever come into contact with. We weren't a member of the parish because we were out of state, but they accepted us anyway. Loved them!

Reception: Harry's Savoy Ballroom
AMAZING. I am so impressed with everything they did. Gloria is the coordinator and helped with every little detail. The night flowed so well and the place was gorgeous. They just re-did their outdoor patio and that's where most of our guests hung out at the cocktail hour. They have a huge brideal suite with a private bathroom which was perfect! And the food....THE BEST EVER. I've always heard about how good their food was, but they went above and beyond. We gave them a reciepe for our signature drink and it was delicious and such a hit (it was actually the knottie martini. yum). My maid of honor loved it so much, she's getting married there next May. I'd recommend it to everyone!

Florist: Celebration's florist (Tom Covello)
They're the house florist for Harry's, and the centerpieces were included (although we did an upgrade). Since we were using them for that, we also used them for our personal flowers. I think they were the best vendor of the whole day. I was so incredibly impressed that I wrote them a long email about how amazing everything was. I wanted floating candles and submerged orchids and they went above and beyond. Every table was something different. The way they worked with flowers, water, and light was spectacular. And our bouquets were amazing. I was so nervous about them because you never know what they're actually going to look like, but I was floored. They're a great company to work with.

DJ: Tom Barrett
The DJ was really nice, but I honestly wasn't able to get an idea of how the music flowed because I was off doing other things and couldn't pay attention, but the dance floor was full all night and our guests had so much fun.

Hotel: DoubleTree Wilmington
We had the executive suite and it was perfect for the day of. All of the staff were great to work with and I would stay there again! Our guest rate was $99 a night which was the best we found in that area. It was such a nice hotel and I would totally stay there again. My MOH is using them too.

Photographer & videographer: Clair Pruett
We haven't gotten any pro pics back yet, but the photographers and videographers were GREAT to work with. They really made us feel comfortable and I can't wait to see the end result! My BMs got to see some of the video they shot and they said it was amazing. I've heard some compliants that their photographers are always in the way during the ceremony, but I have hundreds of pics from my friends, and the photogs are nowhere to be found. I never noticed them. Can't wait to get everything back!

Shuttle: Arrive in Style luxury limo
We used this company for a shuttle because it was cheaper and easier to work with than the hotel. We had two 2-hour blocks, one before the reception, and one to take guests back. The bus we had was better than I thought it would be! And their prices are the best we found. They're based out of NJ, but since we used them in DE we didn't have to pay tax. I would definitely recommend them. I was impressed.

Overall, I was incredibly please with all of my vendors. I didn't have any issues the day of. Everyone was on time and everything was as we had discussed. If you have any questions, please let me know!!!
Anniversary

Re: Vendor reviews with some PIPs

• edited December 2011

First - your pictures are beautiful! Congrats :)

I am also using Celebrations Florist so I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with them. Any tips or questions we should be sure to ask?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    No, I don't think there's anything specific. Some of their stuff is overpriced, but other stuff is worth it. We needed 2 roses to give to our mother's for the sign of peace and they wanted $12 each. I thought that was a lot of a single rose so we bought our own the morning of.

Everything else was great and they've been a pleasure to work with. They make it all worth it! Good luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards