Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

First Dance...

My Fiance and I are trying to figure out what song to use as our 1st dance. I love country songs because there is so much emotion and meaning in them, but he absolutely 100% dislikes all country music. So, I've found a song that I love and it pretty much sums up what we feel for each other. Song by Train called Soul Sister.
It's an up beat song. Do you think that this would be too far out of the norm for a 1st dance and that we should stick with a slow song? Or just go for it and enjoy the moment and the lyrics?
Thanks!

Re: First Dance...

• Options
    Nope, I  think you can do anything you want and set the tone for your wedding.  I think nice upbeat songs as first dances are nice.
  • Options
    Wilco is 1 of my BM's and her hubby's favorite groups - I however haven't heard any of their stuff....i'll look into it. Thanks for your input everyone :-)
  • Options
    That's really cute - i love that song and i love Brad Paisley...
    My #1 Country song (wedding related) would have to be "To know love" by Little Big Town....i absolutely love the song and the group. I know them personally and they are the most "real" group that i could think of.
    If he isn't in to this song by little big town, i was thinking of Train....if he picks Train, then To Know Love will be the song we sign our registry too :-)
  • Options
    Whatever represents you is what you should pick. If you do a faster song, you should definitely practice your dance first :)
  • Options
    alright so someone said wilco!  that is a nice compromise imo.  i love the song "impossible germany"

here are the lyrics: 

Impossible Germany
    Unlikely Japan
    Wherever you go
    Wherever you land

I'll say what this means to me
    I'll do what I can
    Impossible Germany
    Unlikely Japan

Fundamental problem
    All need to face
    This is important
    But I know you're not listening
    No I know you're not listening

This was still new to me
    I wouldn't understand
    Impossible Germany
    Unlikely Japan
    This is what love is for
    To be out of place
    Gorgeous and alone
    Face to face

With no larger problems
    That need to be erased
    Nothing more important
    Than to know someone's listening
    Now I know you'll be listening

it is off sky blue sky track 3.  good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards