Illinois
Options

Where did you buy your wedding Dress??

Looking to make appointments....where did everyone buy their wedding dresses and what was your experience??

Re: Where did you buy your wedding Dress??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Kathryn's Bridal in McHenry.  It was the best dress shopping experience I had.  I went to about 5 places total.  They ranged from David's Bridal in Schaumburg to Kleinfeld's in NYC.  Kathryn's was the best and the service after the purchase has been great too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi
    I found this online jewel. This company custom makes wedding gowns at a fraction of the price of bridal stores. I ordered my wedding gown from them and saved $800. I bought mine for $549 and shipping was free.  Send them photos of your dream dress and they can make it in any color and size you need.

I wanted to let all the brides  know how great they are. If you want to
    save money and have a beautiful designer wedding gown with out the designer price tag emaildynamicbrides they are wonderful.
    Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a few places, but David's Bridal in Rockford, IL was amazing.  My consultant, Tracy, made me feel like finding my perfect dress was her only goal.  She spent hours and hours with me, even missed a lunch, but never complained.  Actually, from the moment I stepped in the door, I felt very special!  I would recommend Tracy to anyone!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely agree with shopping at Kathryn's.  Our experience thus far has been wonderful.  Price points began at @$400 and went upwards to perhaps $7K.  My daughter had a difficult time choosing her dress because they had so many choices and so many styles.  The shop manager is lovely.  Good luck!

PS---if you go there, I highly recommend having breakfast at Winhill Pancakes just east of the shop of the south side of 120----Delicious!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Kathryn's in McHenry as well. I was so happy with all of the ladies there, they were so helpful and so sweet! When we realized we had found "the dress," they all came to look at it. Shelly's bridal in West Dundee is also a great place. We were there for two hours and the consultant I was working with, Elizabeth, was wonderful. I highly recommend both of these places!

I also have to agree with mobkaz, Windhill Pancakes is a great restaurant!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    WLWL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to the Yelp.com and you can see bridal salons and girls testimonials. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the suggestions!!
  • Options
    squinnaksquinnak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the Quad Cities and I bought my dress from Celebrations in Davenport,IA from Emily. She is so helpful and knowledgeable!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard that Kathryn's was amazing as well! I think I'll be checking out Ultimate Bride on Oak Street... it looks like they have a good selection!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at Ducky's in Dekalb; I had just gone in to start lookign at prices and styles and found one in my size I just needed to try on before I left. Lucky for me, it fit like a glove, was on sale and they took an extra 30% off to boot! I wound up getting an $800 dress for under $400 with tax! So excited, it fits so well all it needs is a hem and bustle, wonderful for a strapped college student. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    laurebkraftlaurebkraft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Belles in Barrington. Lovely experience. I brought seven women and we had a great time!
  • Options
    Walters4hawksWalters4hawks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to I DO BRIDAL in GALENA, IL. It is a drive but Galena is beautiful and the girls at I DO BRIDAL our awesome. The store is spacious, and beautiful. They treat you like your family because the owners are family. I was very happy with them and they are affordable.815-777-2507
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards