Michigan-Detroit
Options

Detroit-area Knotties come in!

It’s that time again when I ask for your best Michigan planning secrets and tips. This could be the best place to take amazing photos in your area, the best restaurant for a shower, maybe a fun street/bar/spa to have a great bachelorette party. Keep in mind that these are not wedding planning tips, but tips on your area.

Post them below and thank you so much in advance!

KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Detroit-area Knotties come in!

• Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the best place to do a shower/rehersal dinner is Bayside Grill on Walled Lake!  They have an awesome patio right off the lake! 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kensington Park in Milford is great for pictures!
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_detroit-area-knotties-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b61e52a3-4fa1-4fca-bf01-c38f499eafebPost:83528cae-3e04-4a9b-92e3-f7da3446521b">Re: Detroit-area Knotties come in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kensington Park in Milford is great for pictures!
    Posted by Jashley05[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Also, Matthei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor/Ypsi.  They have formal gardens as well as rustic trails, and when I was there last week they had a trellis tunnel set up that it was clear was going to have greenery growing all over it in a month or two.  We're definitely going back to have pics taken there once the plants have a chance to grow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my shower at Kruse and Muers on Wiltshire in Troy and it was amazing. I absolutely love their food and visit every time I'm in town. Working with K&M, we were able to create a lunch menu within our budget. They also provided children's meals and a gluten-free menu for our guests. The shower was held in their party room so we had a private setting that was away from the noise of the restaurant. The party room accommodated 40 people with room to spare and our waiters took very good care of us. I would definitely recommend Kruse and Muers as a shower and/or a rehearsal dinner location. They also have several other locations in the area.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_detroit-area-knotties-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b61e52a3-4fa1-4fca-bf01-c38f499eafebPost:5da8771d-f8d3-4645-bc4f-79ade3c5e2e6">Re: Detroit-area Knotties come in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my shower at Kruse and Muers on Wiltshire in Troy and it was amazing. I absolutely love their food and visit every time I'm in town. Working with K&M, we were able to create a lunch menu within our budget. They also provided children's meals and a gluten-free menu for our guests. The shower was held in their party room so we had a private setting that was away from the noise of the restaurant. The party room accommodated 40 people with room to spare and our waiters took very good care of us. I would definitely recommend Kruse and Muers as a shower and/or a rehearsal dinner location. They also have several other locations in the area.
    Posted by mmw8780[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I second this!!!  We are holding our rehearsal dinner there and are really looking forward to it.  The staff has been really helpful thus far.

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at Greenmead Village in Lilvonia. It's an historic village with a lovely chapel and banquet hall at 8 Mile & Newburgh Rds. It is a GREAT place for pictures. We took our engagement pics there (see link to photos in my bio below). It is a city owned park that they maintain very well, has old historic buildings, fabulous gardens, lattice archways, a small pond. Open every day to the public, but they often have events there so it's wise to call ahead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards