Jewish Weddings

I have a daughter!

I know this is a wedding board, but, so many of you have been supportive of my journey.

Unfortunately, my logon ID changed with the format change and it's not showing my signature anymore, but, after 8 IVF's, we finally got pregnant!  It was a very long 4.5 year journey, but, Wednesday, 12/9, I gave birth to the most beautiful and amazing little girl!!

Her english name is Alana Anna Aaryn M(lastname).  Yes, my poor little girl has 3 A names, but, it just worked out that the three people we wanted to name her for all had A names!

Her jewish name is Alitza Chana Aharona and she was named in shul this past Saturday (she and I were still in the hospital, but, my husband and dad were called to the Torah and she was named).

I am completely and totally in love!!
Lisa
The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"

Re: I have a daughter!

• MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to you and your husband and welcome to the world, baby Alana. I saw her birth announcement on the SAIF board.  I am so happy for you and as someone who has followed your blog I can only imagine the joy and sense of wholeness you must be feeling after a long and oftentimes difficult journey.  You really are an inspiration to those of us to whom fertility does not come easily.

I hope you'll post a picture of your little girl whenever you have the chance. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

I share parts of both of her names.  May she be as blessed.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    mazel tov, I am so extremely happy for you!  thanks for sharing your story with us :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I am so happy to hear of her birth after all the past issues. Please post pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    How amazing!

To you, your husband and your family mazel tov!
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mazal tov!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mazel tov!
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Mazal tov to you and your family on this joyous occassion.  I too have followed your journey for the 1.5 yrs I have been knotting and applaud you and your DH for the strength it took to bring baby Alana into the world.

• lachlomlachlom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mazel tov!! Enjoy her!
  • edited December 2011
    I JUST posted a comment on your blog. I was heading over here to see if you had posted, and if not, I was goign to shout the news because I am so freaking happy for you!

You deserve this blessing more than anyone! May you and your daughter (and your husband) spend the rest of your lives celebrating every little simcha together - what a wonderful Hannukah present!

PS If you ever need help with anything (and I'm sure tons of people have said this) please email me. I have learned so much in the last (almost) 4 months - especially about breastfeeding (if you plan to go that way). Also, make sure you are getting emails from: freebies4mom.com, babycheapskate.com, and babysteals.com...those are my faves!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mazal tov!! My eyes seriously just teared with happiness for you. Ditto wishing that you enjoy every simcha together.

imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards