South Asian Weddings

Who should make grand entrances?

Hey Everyone

I wanted to get some input on this...We are including family entrances...

FI's brother is married with a kid.  My sister is not married.

Should FI's brother walk in with his family if my sister is walking in by herself?

What have you seen at other weddings when one of the siblings is married?

Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who should make grand entrances?

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The sibling usually comes in with the parents from what I have seen. Or accompanied with a bridesmaid, if possible.
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sonali...
    We aren't having the rest of the bridal party enter b/c some members aren't able to make it to the reception....

So should  my sister walk in by herself?  Does that look odd that everyone else (parents, b+g and even FI's brothers) are coming with atleast another person and she's coming by herself?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I'd have her walk inbetween both of your parents. I think that's a great and cute idea. They can all link arms!
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If there is no Bridal party members, then she should walk in with your parents. 
  • edited December 2011
    Bhanu and Anuj

This is my order of entrance at the reception, (since there are 7 BMS and 4 groomsmen)
    - first the groomsmen will walk in with two girls once on each arm, if FI 's bro agrees to participate then my sis will walk in with him..
    -Second, will be my parents
    -Followed by his
    -Then my uncle and aunt
    -Then us
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for your ideas everyone

We only planned for 4 entrances before ours...with no BMs (one of my BMs is pregnant and I don't want to feel uneasy about doing that) and one of the GMs sister in laws reception is the same time so he'll need to be going back and forther between each party....so not sure if he'll be there for the entrances...that is why we toook out the Bridal Party Entraces

My sis will be the only one walking in by herself... everyone has a 'partner' or people they are walking in with.  She feels uncomfy (sisterly intuition)...she's 22 so she's never experienced the wedding stuff before

I kind of feel bad that she has to walk in by herself when everone else is walking in with either their spouse or family :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did these entrances -

My parents
    His parents
    Us

My brothers didn't want to walk in and be awkward - especially arm in arm LOL!  so they didn't, and it was fine!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks kpwedkk

FIs brother wants ot walk in with his family...I guess that is where the issue essentially lies....

:S
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_should-grand-entrances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:b960ab66-917b-4a33-b885-dc7af8ff8262Post:c014d0f5-b765-482a-b1fd-c2b33b334372">Re: Who should make grand entrances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks kpwedkk FIs brother wants ot walk in with his family...I guess that is where the issue essentially lies.... :S
    Posted by Bhanu&Anuj[/QUOTE]

:S that is kind of :S

Your parents
    His parents
    FI brother's family

Pause
    Pause
    Mr and Mrs Groom :) :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards