Kentucky

Lexington-Round Barn at Red Mile

Has anyone been to a wedding at the Round Barn at Red Mile? I love that it has character for our reception, but it's not climate controlled. We are considering May 2012, so I don't think this would be an issue but I'm still concerned. They assured me that they have 20+ weddings a year in the barn and it's never an issue. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: Lexington-Round Barn at Red Mile

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No weddings, but other events.  I think most likely, you'll be fine in May.  If you're really stressed about it, Bryants has rental A/C.  I'm sure you could talk to them about it and find out if it's feasible.  For the most part, though, at that time of year as long as you can get out of direct sunlight it's very tolerable. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    My sister had a September reception there.  It was a ridiculously hot and humid night, so I'm not sure any place would have been comfortable.  Seems like they did have big fans though for air circulation.  I think in May you should be fine, it's still pretty cool at night then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello,
    My fiance and I have decided to move up our wedding since his return from Afghanistan. I am considering the round barn at red mile. I was wondering if you did end up having your wedding here, what your thoughts were, was it affordable and any other info you have.
    Thanks so much!

In Response to <a href="http://lexington.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_lexington-round-barn-red-mile?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:c788ce63-e4b8-4084-81b8-2f2ef52ef99ePost:da95197f-ec65-4082-bbf7-7ab767bc4093">Lexington-Round Barn at Red Mile</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been to a wedding at the Round Barn at Red Mile? I love that it has character for our reception, but it's not climate controlled. We are considering May 2012, so I don't think this would be an issue but I'm still concerned. They assured me that they have 20+ weddings a year in the barn and it's never an issue. Thoughts? Thanks!
    Posted by MattoxMiller[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards