Delaware

Frustrated...

I know this is the Delaware board, but I just thought I'd ask... is anyone using any venues or vendors in the Elkton/ North East area? (Mainly Cecil Co.?) We live (literally) on the corner of Pa/De/Md and no one around has any info for any venues in the Md area... Not even the Maryland boards. They're more geared towards Baltimore/inner harbor/anywhere else but here....

We're looking at 75-100 people. budget between 10-15 grand and hoping for something fun, yet elegant. Any ideas? Because I'm getting grouchy just looking!

Anniversary
TTC since 12/17/11
BFP 02/19/2012
M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Frustrated...

• edited December 2011
    :(  I wish I could help you!  The only ones that I know in that area would be The Cheasapeake Inn, maybe Fair Hill (not sure if they do or not), and UD's Clayton Hall (which is gorgeous!).  Hope those suggestions help a little!  In terms of other vendors, utilize both the DE and the Philly board.  If you are in the area where those three states meet, most vendors from Philly and DE will come to you, no problem.  Don't stress, it will work out!  Another suggestion:  Check out the Bridal Shows, both at UD and I know there is one at the Inn as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks MBR... I'm just getting myself worked up. I guess it's time to take a break from planning. I think I'm just getting anxious because I'd rather it be this year than next... Plus, the last two places we've looked have been waaaayy out of budget. Well, one of them was, the second, the guy showing us around was as high as a kite. (that one was promply vetoed once we got into the car) Which stunk, because had it been a slight bit bigger, it would have been perfect.

Right now, we're looking at the Yacht Club in North East and the Fair Hill inn, but their website doesn't state anything about receptions, even though I know plenty of parties that have been held there.

All in all, we got all of the supplies for the invitations and I just want to start working on them! I can't do that till we have a place set though. I know it sounds early, but I have an 18 month old who is really into the squirmy stage and I'm enjoying her naptimes right now to do any planning at all. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fair Hill Park has a barn, for lack of other words, that is supposed to be nice and affordable.  Prob need to bring your own caterer.  My first two thoughts were Ches. Inn (beautiful ceiling lights) or Yacht Club.  If you are interested in an outdoor wedding, I would suggest looking at the MD Parks sites.  Have you tried B&Bs?

• edited December 2011
    There's a B&B in Havre de Grace, MD, The Vandiver Inn. It's for smaller weddings and looks cute. I haven't been there, but I looked into it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, I went back thru some of the posts (the search option below helped hehe), and here were some venues I came across in posts that are in MD and may be worth looking at:

Swan Harbor Farm in Havre de Grace, MD
    Kitty Knight House in Georgetown, MD
    The Granary in Georgetown, MD

Don't know if you can look into any of those, but hopefully you can!
  • JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At one point I was thinking of trying to rent a house on the water in North East, Md. To have my wedding. A friend of a friend had a wedding in North East on the water. People rent their houses down there alot so it was something I was going to look into but never persued.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on here but I looked into both Swan Harbor Farm and Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace.  Let me know if you have any questions on either!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards