Virginia

Norfolk Botanical Garden

I am considering having a wedding/ceremony at the Norfolk Botanical Garden.  Has anyone attended a wedding here?  Or planned one there?  Is it a good spot?

Re: Norfolk Botanical Garden

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I considered it.  I opted not to use it primarily due to budget restrictions.  You have to rent the site, chairs, etc. and then if you want a rain site you need to pay extra for that, and then you have to pay the caterer on top of that, plus they have alot of rules.

I looked at several sites in the VA Beach area if you want feedback on any others.  We ended up going with ceremony/reception on base, FI is Navy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I briefly considered it as well, but paying more than $600-900 for a room rental was over our budget. NBG probably has the highest rental rates that I've seen for our area.
    I also have a long list of venues in the Hampton Roads area that I could send you if you wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at NBG, but I got AWFUL service when I went to look at the site. The site is pretty expensive to rent and only includes the room. The aren't flexible with their packages...For example I am getting married in December. Since it's off-season and I knew many people wouldnt be there I asked if I could mix up the sites a little. They wouldnt budge, even when I offered to pay. The sales girl didnt seem to know much about sales OR sites. I had to ask to see pictures and she directed me to a photo album after the appointment. I certainly wish you more luck than I had. It was my dream to get married there under the Christmas lights but it didnt work out (I cried a little HAHA).

Also check out Yacht Club at Marina Shores for a wedding package. I, along with other brides on this message board, am using them and so far they've been great to work with.

Good Luck!! Let me know how Botantical goes for yoU!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a ceremony there in the Butterfly garden, it was beautiful!  But, I didn't look there for my own wedding so I don't know about their service and prices
  • Kristenl903Kristenl903 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in May 2011. The girls there kind of seem like they dont know what they are doing.  I have looked at Marina Shores and spoken with the lady and she is very nice and helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there! YEAH!
  • shutterscottshutterscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently just decided to not have our wedding there after all. Too much wedding money got sunk into our new business to keep it there. I've worked with all the ladies there on a personal and now professional level, and they have been nothing short of amazing.
  • edited April 2012

We are thinking of getting married there? any positive feedback? they seem like they give you discounts on the venue for the ceremony & reception and extra discounts if we use their catering. let me know

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards