New York

Where is everyone today??

Hey ladies!

This weather is making me want to curl up in a ball under my desk and take a nap!!!  I need someone to keep me awake!

Anyone have a super fab weekend?  I pretty much just worked.

Oh- on another note, I did get a call back from the florist at Price Chopper.  Not sure if I should call her back today or wait a few days to cool off...
their quote...
120 white roses $360 ($30 a dozen... really?  WTF)
60 green roses $180 (also $30 a dozen... WTF)
the best........
50 calla lillies $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  $12 a freaking stem... you have GOT to be kidding me. 

Keep in mind that I will be putting the bouquets together myself so this is for the flowers alone.  These people are nuts!
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Where is everyone today??

• edited December 2011
    I will check them too.  I was going to order from Sams Club online (also wicked cheap)... but I was a little nervous (for some stupid reason) about it.

THanks for the rec... I will check them out.
    Online Garage Sale
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am here; work was somewhat busy this morning.  And I was looking at Oscars recap stuff!  Didn't do much over the weekend; went to a fairly lame bridal expo in Ithaca.  Although I did find a make-up/hair person that I could probably use.

That sounds crazy expensive for the flowers!  Is there any way she was mistaken?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Im here...kinda. Ill have to fill you in on my Bad day Friday bull when Im not at work. Hence why Im not on here much. My every move is being watched like a flippin hawk.

Sorry bout the flowers. I have white roses and 2 diff kinds of lillies for 750 total...and shes putting them together!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    oh no... fill me in via FB or on here after work.  bummer
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    That is pretty crazy about the flower prices. I thought that Price Chopper was suppose to be cheaper? Especially if you are making the arrangements yourself. I will have to keep that in mind when I start looking for flowers (that is, if I have flowers).
    Hope you can find somewhere a lot more reasonable!

"Photo kids date computer geeks because they scare everyone else. Geeks are much more desperate"

• edited December 2011
    I checked out fiftyflowers.com  (THANK YOU KARA!!!!!!!!) and they were waaaay better.
    I have heard great things about Price Chopper (and even recommended them) so I am very confused.  She said the calla lillies are always expensive (which I already knew) but $12 a stem... no way.
    I also thought their roses were overpriced too.

Oh well.   I am going to order 1 dozen roses from fiftyflowers in the next fewweeks so I can check the quality and put my mind at ease, but I will probably use them instead.  waaaaaaaaaaaay better!!!!!
    Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards