June 2012 Weddings

wedding albums

My uncle did the photography for our wedding as a gift, and the photos came out great! We just got a disc of all the pics today, and he said to pick out 75 for our album. I know we will have to pay for it, but when I asked, he estimated about $400! I originally was thinking about ording photobooks from shutterfly in place of albums. What are you doing for albums for yourselves and your parents?

Re: wedding albums

• We bought photo albums at target for us and our parents. For our parents we printed out 50 pictures each and put them in their albums. This gives them room to add their favorites. We're gradually ordering prints for our albums. As nice as photobooks from a photographer are, we just couldn't justify the cost. Maybe down the line a bit we'll order a photo book from Shutterfly, but right now 200 4x6 prints and several 8x10 prints work perfectly fine for us.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I received a few albums and frames as gifts. I printed 335 pics from snapfish for $20.
  • My cousin was my photographer. She is doing our album as our gift. I'm going to pick up the parents albums today because they are already ready! I ordered 5 albums for parents and grandparents. It's only costing me 200.00. I think 400.00 is crazy for 1 album. If I were you I would just go on shutterfly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi all,
    I just finished having my parents and Husbands parents pick their pictures for their albums to give to the photographer. Now I have all of my hard copy proofs (4X6) and wanted to put them into photo albums. Does anyone know any sites where I can buy photo albums that say Our wedding or something bridal?

Thanks!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Mixbook, snapfish, mypublisher, and picaboo all let you design books.   I use mixbook for a lot of stuff.
  • I used Shutterfly to make parent books, they are christmas gifts so they've not seen them yet.  However, we did make parent books of our engagement pictures last year and they not only turned out great but eveyrone loved them.

I wanted a flushmount album but my photog said it would cost me about $600 and husband shot that down real quick.  So I made really nice one on Shutterfly with layflat pages and as many pictures as I wanted.  I spend a lot of time making/designing it but everyone loves it and with my coupons I paid about $50 for it. 
  • I used shutterfly for my first wedding's photobook and it turned out amazing. Too bad I don't have a reason to look at them anymore lol.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards