Texas-San Antonio
Options

Help! I have cold feet already!!

Hey ladies,
So I'm freaking out a little bit.  I'm so stressed about the wedding.  It's only 6 months away and we are really tight on money.  I'm going to school way more than full time and looking for a full time job, but I'm still really stressed.
The real problem is that I think I'm getting cold feet.  I keep second guessing myself and worrying about whether or not I'm making the righ choice.  Is that normal with this long to go until the wedding?  I just feel like it's coming so fast.  I don't know if there is really a problem or I'm just stressed and getting agravated with my fiance easier. 
We never really argued, ever, and now I find myself just getting frustrated with him.  Maybe I'm just not used to arguing with him?  Is it normal to bet a little annoyed with your fiance sometimes?  Please help, I'm so worried.  Thanks for reading this and for any advice you can give me.

-Shannon

Re: Help! I have cold feet already!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure that I can give very good advice, but I do want to reassure you that it is normal to have those doubts as you get ready to take one of the biggest steps in your life.  There were quite a few girls on my club board who had cold feet leading up to their big days, and many who had increased arguing.  From what I have experienced, planning a wedding can be one of the most stressful times in a relationship. It seems as though if you can survive that step then you are on your way to having a successful marriage.  There are many issues that will come up during the engagement and while planning the wedding that you will never have to face again. And it does seem only natural that you might question something as big as this as you get closer to making it final. But also remember that you said yes for a reason. It sounds like you have had a wonderful relationship until now and will most likely continue to be perfectly happy after your marriage.  I suggest that you talk to your fiance about your feelings. He is the one person you should feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with and he will probably be able to reassure you as why you have decided to marry him. The other thing I suggest that was also highly recommended by other girls who have been recently married is to make sure you take some time each week to spend with each other completely wedding free. Pick a night to have as "date" night and do not bring the wedding up at all, just talk and be with each other like it used to be. Hopefully it can help remove the stresses of everything wedding related and renew your feelings with each other. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Linzlars,
    Thank you so much.  You told me what my heart has been trying to tell itself, it's just been too hard to listen.  The whole idea of marraige is just so new and it's such a big step that I just get a little scared sometimes.  Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of your day to help me.  *HUGS*

-Shannon
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late, but I couldn't have said it better than linzlars! What you are experiencing is normal...some may say that they never had cold feet, but I think for most people it's normal to second guess themselves. Wedding planning is very stressful but you can always find support here on the boards! These women restored my sanity during some difficult times while planning my wedding!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much Future Mrs. Huff!  I'm all better now lol.  I think part of it was just PMS lol.  But thanks alot for your help anyway.  Conratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Planning your wedding should be fun, but you are likely to feel som stress from time to time. My fiance just wants to be married. He would not care if we went to the JOP or got married in the backyard. He is letting me have my dream party bless him!If you are doing most of the things on your own, yes-you are bound to get frustrated. Women are often the ones most tied up in the planning, unlike the men. The men just don;t seem to be wired that way (unless it's a Super Bowl Party). let your fiance know that his help/opnions/support is what you need to help you through.Fighting is normal even when NOT planning a wedding. You may not always LIKE your partner, you still love them. Relax-tak abreath-and remember the reason you are doing thisisnot to impress others, not to have the bragging rights, but to start a life with your love.
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards