Michigan-Detroit
Options

Detroit Colony Club

'm very interested in this venue for my reception because it's absolutely gorgeous!!! My only hesitation comes from the fact that I have never been to an event there, nor do I know anyone who has. I have no doubt that it would be a fabulous place, but I want to know how the food is. A tasting can only take place after the deposit has been put down. Has anyone ever been to an event there? If so, how was it? PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Detroit Colony Club

• Options
    josie8722josie8722 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't tried the food there yet. Buy I am having my wedding there next summer and all of my vendors have told me that the food at the Colony Club is amazing. Going for my tasting sometime in the fall. Here's to fingers crossed!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard nothing but amazing things. A friend of mine is having her wedding there next year. If my relatives weren't being so lame about driving to Detroit, that's where I would have had my reception hands down. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SarahP83SarahP83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Colony Club in December!! 

I live in NYC, so I had to send a friend to do recon work since my FI and I could not see the place in person.  We put a $2,000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit down without setting foot in the place!  Crazy, I know, but it was the best decision!

We had our tasting in May and the food is delicious!  We took both of our parents and paid an extra $40 to invite our friends who did the recon work for us (they are also the BM and MOH).  Not only was the food amazing and plentiful, the tasting was a lot of fun!  Three bottles of wine later, we had a good idea of what we wanted to serve our guests.  : )

I also have heard from people that were guests at a wedding there that the food was amazing. GO FOR IT!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL is getting married there later this year and basically dittos SarahP in her reviews! The only thing she didn't care for was that the lounge area is upstairs and the food isn't actually cooked there - I think they use the Gem theatre kitchen - but its super close and I don't think it's an issue.
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there. It's a very classy venue and we would've looked there had our friends not already had their wedding there.

I don't remember the food, but I never do and I'm sure it was fine. Also, the Gem Theatre is run by the same people, so if you wanted another venue option with the same catering arm, there's that.

Another great thing about the Colony Club is that there are two bars directly across the street, good if you have a gap between the wedding & reception, or for an after party. There are also a couple great bars a few blocks away -- a jazz club and a casual, beer bar.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jolla92126jolla92126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there last summer. I don't remember the food one way or the other. But I don't really care about food.

It's a beautiful place and everything ran smoothly (or at least appeared to). If I could afford it, would have my reception there.
  • Options
    jac1964jac1964 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IOur Wedding is 11/25.  Food tasting was great.  It is also my understanding that they do have a kitchen onsite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards