California-San Diego
Options

Paradise Point Resort

Anyone getting married there or has gotten married there? I am having a hard time visualizing the reception space. Everytime I have gone to look at our ballroom it is always split in half for conferences. I am also wondering how your experience so far has been or was.

TIA

Re: Paradise Point Resort

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have my wedding there but what I did at my venue was ask to come by and see the ballroom when it was set up for a wedding.  They should let you come by early  (before the reception starts).  I took my camera so I could remember certain details later.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the suggestion! I emailed my catering coordinator so just waiting to hear from her.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Tiggert294Tiggert294 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there in April and they have been nothing but great so far. The Sunset ballrooms have the best view and are really amazing when they are set up for a wedding. I would highly recommend it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_paradise-point-resort?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:4d0d0463-74ef-4b55-826e-3231defc46e7Post:21aae2f9-2f35-4902-9274-b4d89971b5fd">Re: Paradise Point Resort</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding there in April and they have been nothing but great so far. The Sunset ballrooms have the best view and are really amazing when they are set up for a wedding. I would highly recommend it.
    Posted by Tiggert294[/QUOTE]

Tigger-I am getting married there in June. We are having the ceremony at the Paradise Lawn and Reception at Sunset Ballroom. Who are you working with there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_paradise-point-resort?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:4d0d0463-74ef-4b55-826e-3231defc46e7Post:94697d94-db75-486b-addd-70c99c56e0b3">Re: Paradise Point Resort</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't have my wedding there but what I did at my venue was ask to come by and see the ballroom when it was set up for a wedding.  They should let you come by early  (before the reception starts).  I took my camera so I could remember certain details later.  Good luck!
    Posted by lisaromelia[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation, I emailed my catering manager and she has two weddings going on Valentine's weekend and told me to come by and see the space set up for both weddings. Thank you again!!!!
  • Options
    Tiggert294Tiggert294 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Greg.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting Married there March 20th. Working with Jenny, they've been great. We had our tasting a couple weeks ago and the food was good too.
  • Options
    babyblueSmurfbabyblueSmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there on Saturday! The only complaint I have about them is the price, but I guess you pay for atmosphere. I wanted to do welcome bags for the guests we have staying there, and they wanted to charge me $4/bag to hand them out when guests check in! Crazy! But Jenny is really nice and has come through for us with discounts and whatnot. Hopefully everything will run smoothly...we have half of our wedding guests staying at the hotel, and they're all so excited for it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there on Jul 24th, and have had a great experience so far. It is a bit pricey, but we are working with Jenny who has really helped by offering discounts on anything she can. Does anyone who already had their wedding have pictures they can share? I have yet to see the entire Sunset ballroom set up for a reception, and I'm anxious to see it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards