Wedding Etiquette Forum

I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here.

2»

Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-talk-this-irl-ill-talk-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0a24463-b95f-4d2d-8c59-c1b23ce52197Post:e6ade888-a651-4781-8cce-7519bcebc643">Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here. : Doing good. Almost done with the first trimester, thank goodness! First trimester is the least fun, at least what I hear. Excited to looking pregnant instead of just looking like I ate too much. Being pregnant is great, but a lot of work, especially since I'm working and going to school full time.
    Posted by jessjo04[/QUOTE]
    my friend just started her 3rd trimester and she looks sooo cute.    I'm glad you are moving right along.  Don't work too hard!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-talk-this-irl-ill-talk-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0a24463-b95f-4d2d-8c59-c1b23ce52197Post:67d1fe6b-d425-4415-bb61-d398554ca45d">Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see it as any different than getting engaged or getting married. It's the beginning of planning for a llife event. 
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]
    i could see congrats for actually getting engaged. for thinking about asking someone to marry them? considering house shopping? no. in that circumstance, "good luck" or "all the best" etc. seems appropriate. a congrats for accomplishing exactly nothing? it makes me sad that congratulations are so cheap.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-talk-this-irl-ill-talk-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0a24463-b95f-4d2d-8c59-c1b23ce52197Post:640deb33-8887-47cb-9d4a-7754f289789b">Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here. : i could see congrats for actually getting engaged. for thinking about asking someone to marry them? no. in that circumstance, "good luck" or "all the best" etc. seems appropriate. a congrats for accomplishing exactly nothing? it makes me sad that congratulations are so cheap.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

It doesnt have to be a definate point in time. If two people come to a decision to get married, that deserves a congratulations. If they decide to get pregnant, that deserves a congratulations. Both are a big, life changing decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay, I see your point. While I personally still feel "congratulations" is appropriate, I do understand the discrepancy. I guess it's more of an anticipatory thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • edited October 2010
    like i said, my personal feelings color my take. read also: something i'm not really allowed to talk about in real life.

andy, sorry for the threadjack. i don't mean it as a reflection on you, simply my own frustrations.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-talk-this-irl-ill-talk-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0a24463-b95f-4d2d-8c59-c1b23ce52197Post:b95c74f2-bf83-448d-a8b6-a5c73635dd9e">Re: I can't talk about this IRL so I'll talk about it here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]like i said, my personal feelings color my take. read also: something i'm not really allowed to talk about in real life. andy, sorry for the threadjack. i don't mean it as a reflection on you, simply my own frustrations.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]
    no worries.  I'll be a PW if/when I'm pregnant.  I love your BM dresses - I know you get that a lot but I really love them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks andy. you're a cool cat.
  • i think you should start trying IN egypt :)

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I remember being pregnant and having extreme all day nausea, and I also remember the smell and sights of Egypt.  I have traveled quite a bit and I was shocked at the level of poverty and how unbelievably dirty everything was.  I literally threw away the shoes I wore because I didn't want them in my suitcase.  I can't imagine being pregnant there.  
    It was an amazing experience however.  I say do what mandy says....start trying on your honeymoon!

Oh yeah...and the camels are really tall but so fun.  If you happen to be pregnant there I would probably end up doing it, just be careful!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would be more worried about potentially eating something that would make you sick and how that might affect the baby.
  • I'm totally jumping in late in the convo, but I would agree with Mandy in starting to try in Egypt. It'll make it that much more fun! ;-)

But from what I understand, the first trimester can be pretty rough and/or stressful if you have difficult pregnancies. Since this will be your first, you won't know what to expect. I wouldn't want to go on a trip out of the country and have to worry about how the long travel hours and various conditions might affect my health and pregnancy. I also like to partake in alcoholic beverages when I'm on vaca as well, so I think I would personally want ot wait until I got back to be preggos. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards