Colorado-Denver

What would you do?

My boyfriend of a few years just asked me to marry him on Sunday! :]]
We are planning a wedding in Las Vegas on 10.10.10. 

I found what I thought was a great location online.
I put the deposit of almost $500 down for the bahama package. The reason I had chosen the bahama package is because it can accommodate up to 75 people. Well, I had called yesterday to see how much more it would be to change the color of the flowers and we got to talking about the location. They told me that the location they signed us up for can only accommodate a maximum of 40 people! Well, apparently they reserved the Ivy Garden for us and not the Heritage Garden, which the website above doesn't even show the Ivy Garden on the pictures.
(^picture of the Ivy Garden)

When I told them that I don't want that location and only 40 chairs isn't going to cut it, they told me that there is a $400 non refundable deposit. However, when I made the reservations, no one ever told me that there was a non refundable deposit and I feel as though I have been misled. Whenever I put the deposit down for the bahama package, I thought I was reserving the Heritage Garden, I didn't even know the Ivy Garden existed. What would you guys do? Do I fight the company and get my deposit back or do I just chalk it up as a learning lesson and move on? I just hate to feel like I gave this company who misled me and didn't do anything to help me $400 for nothing...

Re: What would you do?

• edited December 2011
    Get a good lawyer!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kzagurskikzagurski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A "good lawyer" will cost a lot more than $400.
  • jesstevens214jesstevens214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk to a supervisor or manager to switch it.  Also threaten to let future brides know their lack of customer service through either a blog or online review if they refuse to be flexible.  Most companies are more that willing to help if you talk about their future business.
    Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Did you get anything from them in writing? If everything was verbal, I would definitely talk to a manager about how you were misled. You shouldn't be out the deposit if they weren't clear on the terms.

• edited December 2011
    I agree. talk to a manager. if that doesn't work.. Keep moving up the chain until you get what you wanted in the first place.

If you got nothing in writting saying you were getting the Ivy pacakge and you Booked the other one then that is what you need to do.

If your paper works say the Ivy package then there might be nothing you can do

Best of luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, it doesn't say anything about the "Heritage Garden" in that package.  It would have been a good idea to clarify before sending money.  BUT, since you didn't, the only thing you can do now is try to talk to a manager.  It doesn't look good for you, though, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards