Connecticut

HM $$?

Obviously it will be best to ask a TA, but, before I get completely sticker shocked, about how much should I plan for to do an AI in Aruba or Bermuda for a week? I'd like to stay around 3k for everything..airfare included. Is this possible?

We are in the process of buying a house so a HM might need to be put on hold...or scaled down and look at SC or FLA or something. 
Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HM $$?

• edited December 2011
    I know Aruba and Bermuda can be a bit on the expensive side. You could look into cheaper islands like Jamiaca, Dominican Republic, etc at an all inclusive and easily be in the $3000 range.  Our hm to the DR is about 4000 (all inclusive, including air).  We are staying at a 5-star resort and upgraded our room category and upgraded  to their special "club", which gives us a lot of perks. Without these upgrades, we would probably fall into the 3000 limit you are asking about :) Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I priced out a bunch of different islands in the Caribbean, and the cheapest package I found for Aruba was $3200 with airfare and an all-inclusive resort. If you don't have passports yet, that's another $270. We decided to go to St. Croix so we wouldn't have to spend the extra money money on passports, and it was cheaper than a lot of other places to begin with ($2700 AI and airfare). Puerto Rico was even cheaper than that. Try http://www.cheapcaribbean.com, they have some really good deals.
    Anniversary
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we spent about $4500 for our AI in Antigua.

I think that you could find a caribbean island for around $3000...I think St. Croix was cheaper compared to some that I've looked at.

good luck!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bermuda is definitely one of the more expensive islands. We looked into it for a vacation for a week and it was over $4000 just for the hotel/flights. Have you looked into a Bermuda or Caribbean cruise? That would  be less expensive and well under your budget. You can take week long Bermuda cruises out of Boston or NYC for less than $1000 pp and it would be all inclusive. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about airfare either. GL!
    Anniversary
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:5be55bf4-492a-4bed-bcca-6aadcba5db3bPost:d6b13f21-a890-4b37-a88a-76c65c00e5cb">Re: HM $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bermuda is definitely one of the more expensive islands. We looked into it for a vacation for a week and it was over $4000 just for the hotel/flights. Have you looked into a Bermuda or Caribbean cruise? That would  be less expensive and well under your budget. You can take week long Bermuda cruises out of Boston or NYC for less than $1000 pp and it would be all inclusive. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about airfare either. GL!
    Posted by herb0622[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest a bermuda cruise as well. we're taking a 5 night bermuda cruise leaving out of new jersey for $1800 total. everything is included except for alcohol.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to spend about $4500 for our AI in Aruba.  This includes access to the neighboring AI as well, so we get double the resort space (restaurants, pools, beaches, bars) for our money.  Airfare to the Caribbean alone is about $1000 for 2 people (about $500 each, when we first started looking it was around $480 and has since gone up to $600 as we get closer and we haven't booked yet), so I'm not sure you're going to be able to find an AI for only $2k to stay within your $3k range, might be tough...not sure about Bermuda's flight prices/AI resort prices

GL
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone! I'll start looking at other options! 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Caribbean cruise idea...you don't have to worry about anything and get to visit several of the Islands. I went on one last April that ran me about $900 plus airfare to Peurto Rico
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the cruise idea! And since you'll be HM'ing in the summer, you can take a cruise right out of NYC or Jersey so you don't need airfare either. Everything will be included except for alcohol, pictures, and spa services on board and shore excursions. All that stuff can be as cheap or as expensive as you let it be. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards