Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Ceremony musicians

I am getting married at Berg Event Space in the fall, and we're looking for ceremony musicians (string quartet, duo, trio, etc).  Our wedding is small, and the ceremony will be short.  I basically need a processional and recessional. Does anybody know anyone reasonably priced that you would recommend? Thanks so much!

Re: Ceremony musicians

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Berg Event Space in the fall, and we're looking for ceremony musicians (string quartet, duo, trio, etc).  Our wedding is small, and the ceremony will be short.  I basically need a processional and recessional. Does anybody know anyone reasonably priced that you would recommend? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Berg in the fall too! Oct. 23, 2010!
    I am actually using my cousin and possibly some of her friends. She is a music therapy major at UMKC about the grduate and plays the violin beautifully (She's played since she was 2!) I would suggest contacted UMKC. So many students who could use the money and are professionally trained. I could ask her even if you want. (she also composes her own music so she's able to do compilations of popular songs if we want)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely look for students!  My friend did that and just put up a flier at a local college.  I've also heard a lot of people get great deals by posting an ad on Craigslist.  Any way you go, you can always audition people before you hire, so there's no worry about getting someone unprofessional or untalented.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you two!  Fantastic ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Berg in two months!
    Not sure if you're even interested...but, we are having an acoustic guitar.  We went with Jim Lammers ofGuitar Elegance.  He is going to play our ceremony (short and sweet!) and cocktail hour.
    www.guitarelegance.com

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards