Massachusetts-Boston

Re: Name Change?

• edited December 2011
    I work in entertainment and that is done quite often in this business, by actors and producers, along with many other professions I'm sure.  I don't know if there is anything additional that you would need to do.  I think it might depend on your workplace and their policies.  You change your W2 to reflect your new name but have everyone continue to call you by your maiden name...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MikeF&SarahCMikeF&SarahC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm changing my professionally and want legally but I don't know if it will be possible(long story not important).  
    However, I don't see why you cannot keep you maiden name as a teacher.  There are about 3 teachers at my school that have their husband's last name legally but have kept their maiden names.  I'd assume it would be up to you to keep on the school about changing it from what's in the computer (ie paperwork) to what you desire.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • cdlnmfcdlnmf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I changed mine to first name, maiden name as middle name, his last name. Its less complicated for me because there is no hyphen, and technically I still have both names so I pick and choose when I use which ones. Officially and legally I use all three, but at work, I am also a teacher, I still just go by old name.
  • HockeyFan4HockeyFan4 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also a teacher here....i plan on changing my name...but i know it will take a few years before people stop calling me my maiden name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards