June 2013 Weddings
Options

Just Curious...

How many people plan on doing some wedding planning this summer? Or do you plan to wait for next summer? And if are planning this summer, what aspects do you plan on working on?

Re: Just Curious...

• Options
    awesome idea about the registry! :).. yeah im waitting till the year mark to send STD :) .

we are looking at a reception hall tom! when are you planning to look or boo one?? jwwww 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We actually looked at one already, but it just wasnt right for us, dinner, dancing, and the bar where all in seperate rooms and I like the idea of people being able to sit at a table and see the dance floor if they decide not to dance. I'm graduating college in May so my plan is to really start looking in June. I have a few places in mind. As for booking, I really have my heart set on one specific date 6/22 so I'll probably book as soon as i find a place I love within our budget. Or the latest December of this year, I'd like to try and negotiate this years prices into our 2013 wedding, sense they just keep increasing.

What about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So true....
     Me and FI dates have been changing lately...

First we wanted june 8th   then i told him id rather have June 29th because it ment something to me/us lol cause thats our datting date. Well 29th is not june..lol

Now he says july.. although im wondering once summer comes he will realize july is hot... i love hot weather... but he doesnt as much as me.. so.... maybe i can still convince him in june ;)....

How come u picked june 22?:):) any stories??

We are looking at a reception hall tom! SO SOSO EXCITED!.... we saw one other... but i dont think we will go with them. FI didnt like the lady and he says she is fake acting..lol I just thought she was nice.. but idk!... But the place had pro and cons... and now looking around i think its expensive for the location its in.. ect...

I know our colors will be red and purple :). ive looked online at dresses and decorations.....
     We are hoping to book a reception ( then our Wedding date CANT change.. ha ha FI!)  by early fall. maybe sooner depending on deposits  ect...

We also are hoping to get a better rate booking so early too :)...

What else have i looked at.... not really any detail stuff to much yet... Im looking into STDS.. and read stuff about seating... UGH not looking forward to doing seatings or getting all peoples addresses... bleh.... lol!

• Options
    I know what you mean with constantly changing the dates, we keep going back and forth between May and June, but I think June is it because 1. the weather around here is a bit more consistant in june and because June 22 is FI partents' anniversary and I didnt realize that when I first started throwing it out there as a date and they loved the idea so now they are pushing for that date too.

Besides from looking at a lot of venues on line and looking at bridesmaids dresses online, I haven't really done too much planning. I have an idea of what colors I like, but i'm still really not sure. I've looked at a few invitations online, but I have a feeling those are going to be something I want to go to a store and actually look at.

Are you going to do engagement pictures? We have been debating whether or not it is even worth it since we still have so much time.

Also... I'm dying to here about the venue you looked at today! Did you like it? Could it be a contender?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am planing on looking at a few sites in the next couple of months. My fiance and I chose June 8th for our wedding (3 years and 1 months after the day we met). I am currently off of work recovering from surgery and will be having a 2nd surgery in June and will spend a few months recovering from that one as well. So basically I sit home all day researching for the wedding. I would like to get the reception site booked this summer so that I can do some DIY projects while I have the time and would like to know the space I am working with.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am hoping to book a reception hall this summer.  I have in narrowed down to three places, so (hopefully) FI and I can go look at them in June. I already have a ceremony site booked.  Once the reception hall is booked, I really won't have too much to do until next summer. I am moving from PA to FL for a job, so most of my planning will be done from oot or by my mom. 
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh lord ! it went well!!! very well!  So we found out the first two weeks in may its 2k less... so no FI is interested in that too....... Lord wish we had a date LOL... it keeps changing... :)

It was beautiful.. the lady was super nice.. and so far its our option...  we plan to look at a couple more to make sure though....

:)

At this point who knows when our date will be lol . im waitting till we  actually book it somewhere.....
     Then our date will be offical i figured lol

anyone else going through this  ?  sigh!
  • Options
    So I JUST got engaged this past weekend but we've already talked about sometime in the spring of 2013. My sister graduates that May so I'm thinking about the first week of June - either the 1st or 8th... So as far as planning goes, I'd like to start narrowing down a list of places we want to visit and then have it booked this summer. I'm not even quite sure where to start (which is why I'm going to be hopelessly creeping these boards, haha), but I do feel like I have a good amount of time before I really need to make some decisions. Right now I'm just trying to take it all in :) but I hope to really start some planning over the summer, starting with our location.
  • Options
    Sendibleheartt- Congrats on your engagement!

Future- I'm having a hard time deciding between May and June. FI is a teacher and if we waiting till June we could take a honeymoon right after, but if we got married in May we would just wait about a month then go on a honeymoon. But then we are limited to days in June b/c FI younger brother will be graduated High school and they dont announce the graduation date until Feb. of the year of graduation and then his parents would prefer if we got married in June. I secretly would prefer May but I dislike confrentation so it will most likely be June.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sendibleheartt- congratulations!!!!!!!!!!   your in the same boat with pretty much everyone here! LOL....

Yeah now debating on may.. LORD. i secretly would like may cause its closer... but i worry if it wont be hot enough...lol
     I still like june8th or june 29th. just cause they actually mean something... but meh! when in june are you thinking??

I say you convince FI for may and i should too.. then we have each other for may at lease ha ha ha....
     Id like june cause its warmer too..
     i hear ya about  graduations...yikes! a month after for a honey moon wouldnt be bad either... some people wait months for one... honestly if we had a summer wedding idk if we would do a honeymoon right after??

its warm everywhere......
  • Options
    Yes! Let's convince the boys on May! haha we would be the only two knotties on the May board. They aren't as fun as June :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah i know! lol july isnt either:(.... june ladies are pretty amazing :)...

Yes lets convince them.. think u can convince yours? hahah
  • Options
    I could definately talk him into it. How about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw oh yes.. he actually  wants may now.he says he wont change i guess... so that be awesome as long as my BF doesnt change ANYMORE! :).... he likes it cause we could get a better deal in may.. plus nice weather!! since we are in mn :)
  • Options
    I just started looking at reception venues. We plan on having one booked by the end of the summer and the church as well. We surprisinly have our flowers booked lol I got a REALLY GOOD DEAL, and couldnt pass it up. Next year we'll book dj, photographer, videographer, limo, and go dress and tux shopping. And that's about it :)
  • Options

I'm doing my planning over time because we both go to school and money is really tight (and am trying to do it without parent help because 2/3 parents have no money and we can't count on one set...) so I get what I can. But venues will have to wait til 1) I go back home so I can visit too and 2) money... :/ but it's working out so far. ^-^ Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards