Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Sandals registry

Thinking about using a Sandals resort registry... anyone have any success or failure stories??

Re: Sandals registry

• Options
    Read the sticky at the top. Honeymoon registries are tacky and no one wants to pay for your sex fest. 
  • Options
    The upside is that (AFAIK) it's not deceptive like other honeymoon registries that just send you a check after taking a cut. The downside is that no one really wants to fund a vacation everyone knows is meant to be a sexfest. Plus, many people don't want to pay for a nonessential like a vacation anyway and would prefer to buy household good or just give cash (which you can of course use on said vacation.

The other downside is you can't have a shower if this is your only registry.
  • Options
    My fiance and I are going to Sandals for our honeymoon and have registered with our travel agent and some extras on the sandals site. Our families love the idea, because my fiance and I travel frequently. If your honeymoon is intended to be a sex fest of course the registry is tacky, but if you are like us and looking for a chance to visit a nice place and scuba dive in a new country... we and our guests think it is a great opportunity for them to feel like they helped make it happen. Just be aware that the deposits and airline tickets have to be purchased well in advance, so do not count on the guests to pay for everything. We are paying for all of the airline cost and about half of the room thus far, but family has been contributing towards the travel agent for birthdays and Christmas. We also have a large guest list, so a traditional registry was also necessary. So, I guess I think that it depends on your reasoning for where you want to go and how well your guests know this. 
  • Options
    Is it acceptable to use the Sandals registry for the day trips? We don't know for sure if we'll be staying at a Sandals resort but we thought we'd set it up so someone could help us do a horseback riding excursion or something. Is that still tacky?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards