Michigan-Lansing
Options

Frankenmuth, MI

Does anyone have any recommendations for anything in the Frankenmuth area? Cakes, Photographers, Flowers, etc. I don't know if I should bring things from Lansing, which is where I'm from or if I should try to locate things in Frankenmuth.

Thanks
Lisa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Frankenmuth, MI

• Options
    Nothing is coming to mind right away, but where are you having your wedding and reception there?
  • Options
    The reception will be at Bavarian Restaurant and the wedding I am still waiting to hear from my Pastor as to whether or not we can have it where I'm hoping to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know Tasty Layers Cakes is in the Flint area and has gotten really good reviews.  Other than that I'm not sure.  You should also post this question on the Detroit board, I remember there being one or two ladies that got married in Frankenmuth.
  • Options
    For flowers, Memories by Candlelight in Bay City.  She does a remarkable job and is reasonably priced I thought.  Pictures, Enjoy the View in Clio.  Most businesses in Tri-City's (Saginaw, Bay City, Midland) would most likely go to Frankenmuth. Hope that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm using SugarHigh - http://sugarhighllc.com/default.aspx for my cake (they make the MOST delicious cakes/cupcakes and are right across the street from the Bavarian Inn) and having my hair done at Strands (was recommended to me, haven't had any on hand experience with them yet).  I'm using artificial flowers and we have friends doing our pictures and DJing so - no recommendations there.

Ask your contact at the Bavarian Inn for recommendations - they should have a ton of vendors they've worked with in the past.  :-)

Hope that helps some!

• Options
    I agree with RF, Sugar High is a great bakery.  They have free delivery to the Bav. Inn and other Frankenmuth places, they are DELICIOUS!

My photographer is Ashley Reyes at Domagalski photography from Saginaw. They have really affordable prices compared to what I've seen in the Detroit area.

If you're interested in a wedding planner or day of coordinator, I really love mine.  Her name is Darcy and her company is Happily Ever After Events.  She recommended most of my vendors and she is doing day of coordination for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We might do a reception in Frankenmuth. I will keep an eye on this thread because I'm not from the area so I really don't know much!
  • Options
    I second Memories by Candlelight in Bay City, or Marcia Herzog from Frankenmuth does great great work!! My photographer is Jordanne Marie Photographers and they are amazing!! As for cakes I don't have any recommendations, my cousin is doing ours. Any more questions I'd be glad to help
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_frankenmuth-mi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:b73936e5-1748-400c-ae50-b9f27fcc1fc6Post:7d0da97b-8a8d-4795-905f-9fc9f9a2760d">Re: Frankenmuth, MI</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using SugarHigh - <a href="http://sugarhighllc.com/default.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://sugarhighllc.com/default.aspx</a> for my cake (they make the MOST delicious cakes/cupcakes and are right across the street from the Bavarian Inn) and having my hair done at Strands (was recommended to me, haven't had any on hand experience with them yet).  I'm using artificial flowers and we have friends doing our pictures and DJing so - no recommendations there. Ask your contact at the Bavarian Inn for recommendations - they should have a ton of vendors they've worked with in the past.  :-) Hope that helps some!
    Posted by RFPaull[/QUOTE]

I too am using Sugar High, I Love them. I was also referred to Strands for hair have you had a test run done yet? If so how did it go?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards