Second Weddings
Options

Confused Bride

This is my second wedding. I was married for 2 yrs until i realized i had made a big mistake. It has only been almost 2 yrs since i met my fiance' and i am worried about what my family will say. Do you think this is too soon? I know he is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. He takes care of me and we are extreamly happy togther. We are not getting married till 2012 so we are not rushing into this marriage but i'm concerned that my family will think it's too soon. He just asked me a few days ago. I don't want to keep them in the dark for too long because i want them to be happy for me but am worried about telling them. Any advice???

Re: Confused Bride

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only you know your family. How did they react to the divorce? Did they know you'd made a mistake? Did they agree that divorce was the best option? If so, you can guage when the best time to let them know.

Have they met your fiance? Do they like him?

Has it been 2 years since your divorce, you met your fiance right away and have dated him continously?

I'd say if they met him, like him, know you are happy, then no, it's not too soon. You can reassure them that you are waiting a couple of years to get married, and are not rushing into anything.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to ask... what do you want.. if you want to get married..your family will come around.. I know how you feel. My family thinks that I have a 2 year rule also.. approaching my 2nd year on this relation ship and I can't be happier.. I feel that I want to give him my heart, body and soul.. if you feel that way god says: What he has joined let no man break apart....
  • Options
    bailey2429bailey2429 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Ex cheated on me and my mother never liked him so they were actually happy about the divorce. They were very supportive and usually are with the decisions i make. I guess i'm just worried that they think it will happen again. This time though they do like him and my grandparents LOVE him. I know i will have their support. Also my aunt got divorced b4 me so i was not the first in the family.
    My aunt only knew her new husband for a month b4 they got married and no one really supported that but i guess my situation is alot different.
    I think they will be supportive and think you guys have helped me a lot with this decision. I love him so much and want to be with him every min of every day to answer your other question. The only thing that keeps us appart for most of the time is his job. He works his butt off and i really can't be upset about that.
    Thanks again guys!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the board!!!
    I think 2 years is long enough. I'm sure you know the red flags to look for, and If you had doubts you wouldn't have accepted his proposal.
    Go ahead and share your happiness with your parents. They like him and want you to be happy!!!  Let us know how it goes.
    Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards