September 2013 Weddings
Options

best friend from hell

Ugh I'm really set at this point on getting rid of my MOH and making it my sister instead. I've been friends with this girl from 10 years and last month she decided that not only was i not going to be MOH (her boyfriend's sister would be instead and they've known each other almost 3 years) but towards the end of the month she completely took me out of the wedding. Now she wants to help me plan mine and expects to be my MOH is there something wrong with this? Should I just get rid of her at this point??

Re: best friend from hell

• Options
    It feels like there would be resentment if you kept quiet. At the very least, I would try to give her the benefit of the doubt, and asked her if there's any particular reason why you're not only not the MOH, but no longer in the wedding. Is there an issue she has with you that she hasn't raised? Does she feel that maybe you're too busy with your wedding to really help with hers? At the very least, I would sit down, talk to her, and then reevaluate after that discussion. If you aren't comfortable or you feel that she's being insincere, then you have your answer.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My sister is going to be my MOH because I don't want to deal with issues like this...

I'd take her wedding out of the equation.  You can't control who she asks to be in her wedding because it's her day.  There could be a lot going on behind the scene you don't know about.  I think it comes down to what makes you feel most comfortable for your day.  Will you regret not asking her?  Will you feel badly if she isn't your MOH?  When you're planning are you going to wish it was your friend (and not say your sister) standing next to you and helping you out?

Also, did you already ask her?  Would asking her to step aside cause issues?  Are you willing to deal with those issues?

I think you need to do what feels best for you for your wedding.  Good luck! :-)
  • Options
    You can get a lot of good advice on the Ettiquette board for this sort of thing (they will be blunt, but honest).  But, basically, if you've already asked her to be in your wedding party, it's a very bad idea to kick her out/demote her unless you want to end the friendship.  If you haven't asked anyone to be part of your wedding party yet, you have no obligation to ask her to be part of it.  Ask your nearest and dearest.

The fact that she removed you from her wedding party (I assume after she'd officially asked you to be a part of it?) is really bothersome and something I would sit down and discuss with her.  It sounds like there's a lot going on in your friendship with her, and the only way to resolve it is to talk to each other and figure out what's going on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards