Favors

match boxes

Does anyone know where you can find or order match boxes with your names and date of the wedding? I remember someone having them at a wedding I went to last year but can't seem to find them anywhere. Only ones I seem to find are lil notepads. I figured that'd be one of my favors and I'd do a candle along with it or something else.

Re: match boxes

• Try personalizedinvitations.micheals.com. I have been looking for these as well and Micheals has really cute ones. You can actually type up what u want and do a preview online so you can see what it would actually look like.
  • I made my own. I purchased a box of about 40-60 matchboxes from a local cigarette/cigar store, along with cigars. My husband's family always celebrates special occasions by having a cigar outside.......weddings, funerals, LOL.

Our colors were black & white, with toile or damask print. I had already found black & white toile contact paper online to cover our card box, so used that. I found black & white flocked damask labels at Hobby Lobby and used them for the back of our invitations AND the matchboxes.

We put the cigars and matchboxes in a silver bucket I got at the local Salvation Army. All the cigars were gone, and most of the matches were as well.

• I would try oriental trading. They have lots of personalized stuff, and for good prices too!
  • I found some on eBay.  You get 50 for $39.95 and free shipping.

• I love the idea of match boxes as favors! Something that is useful but sticks around for a bit as well! I'll try and store this idea in my mind for when I start planning the keepsakes.
  • I ordered mine here on TK.  Make sure your venue allows them first.  I ordered 200 matchboxes to tie around the sparklers for our exit and they do not allow you to provided matches to guest due to safety hazards.  So we now have 200 match boxes and have no clue what to do with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards