New York-Hudson Valley

NEW Hudson Valley Bride

Hello ladies! Just made the decision to be married at The Grandview in Poughkeepsie next August. It was between there and a venue closer to me in NJ, but I couldn't resist the beauty of The Grandview!

My name is Kristin. My fiance is Andy. We are both 24 and met at Penn State. We are both from Northern NJ, so I am a little nervous about planning at a venue an hour and a half from me, but I am also extremely excited!

I already have a question for all you brides... does anyone know of any beautiful churches in the Poughkeepsie area that would allow us to use them if we are not members? Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: NEW Hudson Valley Bride

• bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome.  I think there is a church on the campus at Marist college.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_new-hudson-valley-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:e0bda675-7ed4-41ce-9c8e-e2249a9f9fcdPost:26c169c5-1bf5-4d5b-ac9f-8b8b0b2f174d">Re: NEW Hudson Valley Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, welcome.  I think there is a church on the campus at Marist college.
    Posted by bridaljoy[/QUOTE]

That's a chapel not a church, and I'm pretty sure you need to be alumni to use it.

OP - I'm not sure if they will marry non-members, but Our Lady of Mt Carmel in Poughkeepsie is a beautiful church and right near the Grandview.
    St. Martin de Porres is also in the area and a very pretty church, but a slightly longer drive (10 minutes maybe?) Again, not sure about non-members.

Welcome to the board by the way!
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I'm no help with churches but welcome to HV!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • rmk6783rmk6783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on choosing the GrandView - it's beautiful there! I'm not sure if you're looking for a specific type of church, but both St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Poughkeepsie United Methodist Church are open to marrying people that do not regularly attend there. Good luck!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally think this church is beautiful...it is in lagrangeville which is not that far from Poughkeepsie (20 minutes)....http://www.blessedkateriparish.com/

not sure if they let non members get married there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & welcome!!! I'm a North Jersey brides as well, but we're getting married just over into NY so it's not super far.  These girls have been such a huge help getting really good local vendors, so good luck & be sure to ask for help when you need it!
  • Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement! We had our reception at Grandview 3 years ago and loved every second of it! St. Marys in Wappingers is pretty as is St Martin and Mount Carmel.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Congrats on finding a venue! The Grandview is beautiful! (Sorry, I can't help with churches. We go to either Hopewell Junction or Mahopac - I've never been to any of the churches in Poughkeesie)
  • edited December 2011
    welcome and congrats!! I live in NJ and am a HV bride (although I grew up there), planning from this distance isn't too bad! Just a little more difficult to arrange meetings with vendors but we didn't have a hard time with it, just had to coordinate better I think
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards