Rhode Island

Calling all OceanCliff Newport,RI brides

Former Oceancliff Brides : I am In need of help finding a hotel with transportation for all our guest traveling from out of town to and from our venue at OceanCliff ! Shuttle service provided with hotel with be best but open to all suggestions! Also, any suggestion for flowers, cake, DJ, anything!!!!! Would love the suggestions !!

Re: Calling all OceanCliff Newport,RI brides

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I don't know of any hotel that offers shuttle service since my venue (Easton Beach) was fairly close to the hotel  (Residence Inn by Marriot). But it is worth inquiring with hotels located in the area. 

Recs for DJ

- Victor from Party TIme
    Probably hands down one of the best DJ in R.I

Cake

- Creative Cake Company (located in Newport)
    By far the best tasting cake I have ever had!

- Something different Cake Couture
    Highly recommended on the board. They did a great job on our engagement cake!

Recs for Florist

- Toni Chandler is renowned for her work and attention to detail. She is also located right in Newport

- Pam from Bloominng Blossom is also very talented and works with any budget

- Florals by Alisa is a small but very popular florist. Budget friendly and highly sought

- Wholefoods University florist is very budget friendly. I used them for my wedding day and was very satisfied with their work and service.

• cake: definitely sweet indulgence in warwick - the BEST. love kerri.

flowers: the secret garden in jamestown. not in newport- but will travel  -it's right over the bridge.
    very affordable - will work with the budget and does beautiful work.
  • DJ moondance productions. Very affordable and they kept the party going.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cake...Scrumptions in East Greenwich.... they did four cakes for us and they were all fabulous Flowers...Watersedge in Newport....awesome job, very flexible, and reasonably priced.
  • I was in a wedding at OceanCliff and we stayed at the hotel there. Other guests stayed at Newport Inn and Suites or Newport Beach hotel and drove. My other friends hired a school bus. (Fischer bus)
    We did't get married in Newport but we used the trolley for our guests.
    depending on where you are staying. We stayed within 10 minutes of the reception so it worked our perfect. The trolley picked us up from the hotel and dropped us at the ceremony then took us for photos. After the wedding, I had about a 2 hr gap ,so guests went back to the hotel to freshen up etc... Then the trolley dropped us at the venue location....to take some more photos and picked up my guests and brought htem to the venue too! It worked out great. AT the end of the ngiht they did two runs, the early run at 11 pma dn teh late run at 12:45 (fior those that went to the after party)

We used Rockstar limo

I hands down recommend Golden Gate for a florist. We used them and loved the work plus its affordable.
  • Thak you for all the help! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards