North Carolina
Options

Asheville vendors/reviews

Hello! I'm interested in reading any vendor reviews from the asheville area. I'm helping my best friend plan a wedding there this fall, and we need some suggestions. Also, has anyone used Wedding Bug of Charlotte Photographers?

Thanks! 

Re: Asheville vendors/reviews

• Options
    I can't give you complete reviews yet since my wedding isn't until May but I'll give you a list of the vendors I'm using.

Myers Mountain House - We rented a vacation house for the weekend that allows weddings. It ended up being an affordable option since we can bring in our own alcohol and don't have to worry about package deals. I wouldn't recommend this place if you're having over 100 people or don't want to stay the whole weekend.

Classic Event Rental - I've had some trouble with this vendor but there aren't many rental companies to choose from in Asheville. Their prices are about average for the area.

Short Street Cakes - Their cake is the best in Asheville and they only use natural/local ingredients. They're traditional southern cakes so if you want a ten tier fondant cake, you'll have to go somewhere else.

Laurey's Catering/Big Mountain BBQ - We're using two different caterers because we wanted yummy bbq entrees but fancier side dishes than most bbq places offer. I've had a lot of past experiences with Laurey's and highly recommend them.

Floressence Flowers - She does beautiful flowers and is more affordable than other places in Asheville. She also offers a DIY option, which is what we did. I told her exactly what kind of flowers/colors I wanted and she's ordering them. All of her flowers are from local farms.

Minx Letterpress - Our invitations are beautiful and she does letterpress for a reasonable price.

Mitchell Tuxedos - They were more affordable than Men's Wearhouse and had the option of renting suits rather than tuxes.

Videographer - I found him on craigslist and his sample videos were really good. He's also about a quarter of the price of other videographers in the area. PM me if you want his contact info.

Officiant - Magistrate Joe Knight. He travels to the location and suggests a $200 tip as payment. He seems to be okay with doing whatever kind of ceremony you want.

My photographer (Aria Images) and DJ (Creative Sound) are both based near the beach. I recommend both of them but you'd have to pay travel expenses.

FOR SALE - www.sd31942.weebly.com
  • Options
    Sarajane Case Photography and Rachel Archer Photography are both very good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards