Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

correct spelling of the word favor

so if i am using "request the honur of your presence" do i use on the respond cards the favor of your response or the favour

i know one is english and one is american

thank you
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: correct spelling of the word favor

• Options
     Be consistant.  I will use honour and favour, but I'm Canadian and that's how we spell it.  I would use which ever version applies to you, use the American honor and favor if your American, bc otherwise it may look strange. Which ever you choose be consistant. If you use honour, use favour.

Just out of curiosity why are you going w/ the English version?
  • Options
    well i heard that in america...if you are getting married in church you use honour instead of honor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know you should use "request the honour of your presence" as opposed to "request the pleasure of your company" if you get married in a place of worship. But the spelling of the word doesn't matter, you use which ever applies to you.
  • Options
    It just looks "fancier" to use the British u. I did, for both.

I would keep it consistant, but either one is fine.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_correct-spelling-of-word-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:4d9d4f26-102e-49c4-962f-c3fa362db923Post:bd75cf32-2040-46a8-b52d-596e9b978177">Re: correct spelling of the word favor</a>:
    [QUOTE]well i heard that in america...if you are getting married in church you use honour instead of honor
    Posted by AllieCat16[/QUOTE]

No, you use "honour (or honor) of your presence" instead of "pleasure of your company".

But I'd keep it consistent as well.
  • Options
    If you use honour you need to use favour.  The Us go together or not at all. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    A lot of brides just like the way it looks with the U (it doesn't matter if you're American). As PPs have stated, just be consistent.
    planning

• Options
    I'm American and I used honour and favour. It just looks more formal to me!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards