Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoons in Costa Rica need advice from someone who has been there

We are thinking of going to Costa Rica on our honeymoon and really want a good resort that is all inclusive. We want to be close to arenal so we could enjoy the hot springs and even do some jungle zip line or other fun adventurous stuff. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Re: Honeymoons in Costa Rica need advice from someone who has been there

• Options
    I'm not sure there are any all inclusives in the Arenal area.  When we looked for one we couldn't find anything.  I know there are many all inclusives in the Guancaste region, the most popular being Paradisus Playa Conchal and an Occidental in the same area.  I believe a RIU opened up in late 2009 up there as well.  But that's a few hours away from Arenal.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    What time of year did you go? I am also looking to go but am worried about the rainy season. Our honeymoon would be in late Aug.
  • Options
    The rainy season in August.  The best weather is December/January. I recommend La Paz Falls and Resort. Guanacaste has the nicest beaches.
  • Options
    we went at the end of july-we went for a week for my birthday. it rained maybe every other day for 15 minutes late afternoon, that was it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards