Maine
Options

Vendor Reviews

Ceremony Musician- Brian Cullen, Classical Guitarist-  A
My only complaint is that he takes a little longer to respond to emails than I would like, which goes with the territory for every musician I have ever worked with. The music was absolutely beautiful, and he took the time to learn "Storybook Love" to play while I was walking down the aisle. 

Florist- Flowers Etc - A+
Monica did an absolutely amazing job! I went to my initial floral consultation with an open mind, gave her my budget and asked for her recommendations. The result were beautiful hand-tied bouquets, boutonnaires, and corsages that looked as though they came from a wedding magazine. I recieved so many compliments. I was also concerned about my hydrangea surviving through the ceremony, to my surprise the hydrangea in my bouquet was still very much alive the morning after! I honestly cannot recommend my florist enough. 

Bridal Gown and Bridesmaid's Gowns- Formal Image- A+++++
To say that Franki goes above and beyond for her brides would be an understatement. Franki was there the day I first walked into the bridal shop and hugged me when I found "the dress." She worked with my mom and my bridesmaids to teach them how to do the bustle and lace the dress perfectly. She hand altered the dress to so that it fit me perfectly. She hugged me with a tear in her eye the day I brought my dress home to get married. All of my bridesmaids were from out of state, and Franki moved mountains to accomodate my girls, including doing alterations about three days before the wedding. Her quality and service is amazing, and her prices cannot be beat, $25 for all alterations on a bridesmaid's dress, $75 for all alterations on a wedding gown, including the bustle.

Men's Attire- Classic Tuxedo- F
They say hindsight is 20/20. If I could go back in time, I would have ordered the tuxedos from Formal Image instead of Classic Tuxedo. This place turned out to be a nightmare. Back in October 2010 we put down a group deposit on the tuxedos and were told that our wedding party would simply pay for the rental in full at time of pick-up, since we put down a significant deposit for everyone. Fast forward to six weeks before the wedding, my groomsmen and fathers submitted their measurements online, only to be told 2-3 weeks later that their tuxes were not ordered because they did not pay a deposit! I went in to speak to the manager, and discovered that our entire group deposit was applied to my step-father's tux, my grooms measurements were missing, and none of the groomsmen's tuxes were ordered! A week before the most popular wedding date of the year, and my groom's tux was not ordered. It took me calling the owner of the company in MA and threatening to order the BBB in order to get my tuxes ordered a week before the wedding. My groom's shirt did not fit correctly, after being altered twice, and one of my ushers did not have the correct shoes. Please, do not use this company. Consider yourselves warned.

Ceremony Venue- Fort Popham State HIstoric Site- A
Really not much to review here, in that I did not work with anyone specifically. I simply wrote a letter of intent to the contact address for the state park, and the park was ours. The weather was perfect and several other wedding parties were there to take pictures on the same day. 

Reception Venue/Caterer- Ramada Conference Center- A+
When I first spoke to Diane at the Ramada, she promised me that I did not need to stress about the reception, that she would take care of everything. That was exactly what she did. I dropped off my tablecloths, napkins, centerpieces, flutes, serving set, and guest book the day before the wedding, and explained exactly how I wanted everything set up, and Diane did her magic. She coordinated set up with each of our vendors, created a beautiful reception space, and took care of everything. The food was delicious too, a customized buffet. 

Wedding Cake- A Beautiful Wedding and Cakes- A+
I have never been to a wedding before where guests asked for seconds with wedding cake. Until ours. Carol created a delicious lemon wedding cake filled with lemon curd and topped with almond buttercream, she also created a groom's cake with fudge buttercream for my groom. Both cakes were absolutely beautiful and delicious!

DJ- On the Fly DJ Productions- A+
Vance was the DJ for our wedding, and he did a wonderful job! He kept the dancefloor full and provided personalized service throughout the evening. 

Photography- Josh Y of North by North Studios- A++
My husband and I knew from the moment we had our engagement shoot that we were in for a treat. Our photographer and his wife/assistant are an amazing pair. They use a photojournalist approach, with the intention to capture the entire day, at the same time they were unobtrusive. At the same time, they were there for every moment. Including when my limo stopped at a mailbox to mail out the marriage certificate. I cannot wait to get our professional pictures back, so far I am extremely impressed.

The truth behind a well laced dress

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious which Classic Tuxedo you used.  We rented ours through the one in South Portland and they were super easy to work with, even with the BM submitting his measurements from Orlando and my cousin being able to be measured at and have his delivered to one branch in Boston instead of up here so he could pick it up ahead of time.  They even helped us come up with an emergency plan if the BMs tux didn't fit since he was flying in from Florida late Thursday night and couldn't pick it up until Friday when they opened (he was the only one not measured by them - but it ended up fitting perfectly).  Granted, we only rented them 2 months before and all the guys paid when they were measured. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Classic Tuxedo in Auburn. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards