Delaware
Options

Any Gloss Salon Reviews?

Anyone use Gloss Salon for hair and makeup? TIA

Re: Any Gloss Salon Reviews?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding in last May and we used Gloss.  They were really great to work with and the morning of was fun yet relaxed despite there being another BP there too.  While I wasn't in love with my hair, the bride and other girls looked fabulous and they were happy.  All of our hair stayed put and the bride's makeup held up all night.  The guy that did her makeup there (John, I think?) was fantastic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the older brides, MrsLura, used Gloss, and loved them.  They did her hair wonderfully, and she looked gorgeous (she has very thin hair, and it looked so thick and not a problem at the wedding!).  The opened the salon early for them bc her location didn't let her in until an hour before the wedding.  They even redid her trial, because she didn't like her first one.  She was really happy.
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going for the trial on Saturday.  Jon is no longer doing makeup so I hope the girl is good.  I was really hoping for airbrushing and a few lashes but it doesn't sound like they offer that.  We'll see...I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm also looking at Trilogy.  Any opinions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Gloss Salon!  They did my brothers wedding back in 2007 when they were doing it out of their home.  They were one of the first vendor's i booked when i became engaged.  I didn't look anywhere else.  I have extrememly thin fine hair and i knew they could do something wonderful with it.  Now, when I went for my first trial, I loved what Lauren did, but I wanted to let it grow.  I went for my 2nd trial and didn't care for any of the styles.  On the day of my wedding, I had faith that my hair would turn out FAB and it did!  I was very happy with the service.  I am however sad that Jon doesn't do makeup anymore...he is very easy to look at ;)
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren did my trial and I really liked her work.  I got a lot of compliments on it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Trilogy.  While I loved Jeremy (who does do private hair and makeup and will come to you), I hated hated HATED working with the salon itself.  They messed up my payment, they wouldn't return my calls, etc.  Jeremy knocked my hair out of the park, as well as my makeup, so I would call up and ask to speak to him, or go in and talk to him, and get his personal private info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards