Wedding Party
Options

Flower Girl and Party Dilemna!!!

Here is my dilemna!  My fiance and I both have very large immediate family's with lots of kids and we're both very close to our families.  Initially our idea was to compromise and out of my 3 nieces and 4 nephews and his 4 nieces only have 2 flower girls from his side and 2 ring bearers from my side.  Perfect solution until we were talking to his brother who has 3 of the 4 nieces.  We said we'd like "A" to be flower girl and that our other flower girl was his sister's daughter. They said yes, but that "B" will probably be upset and want to be one too, but "C" will be okay with it, she's older and has already been in a few weddings.  So we agreed to have both A and B and so now have 3 flower girls.  So NOW he emails us saying that C wants to be a flower girl too.  So now, I feel like if we have ALL the girls on my fiance's side, that my side is greatly left out and am now toying with the idea of ALL 11 kiddos in the wedding. PLUS we have a bridal of 5 bridesmaids and groomsmen.  This is supposed to be a small intimate outdoor ceremony.  Any suggestions???  

Re: Flower Girl and Party Dilemna!!!

• Options
    You have to learn to say no. It will look ridiculous to have 11 FG/RBs. You could go ahead and just have none if you think that will hurt the least number of people.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Here is your solution...just don't have flower girls and ring bearers. 

No one left out and no hurt feelings.

• Options
    This sounds like a nightmare. Skip the kids entirely. I get that you love them, but I got to the second sentence of this post before I felt like my head would explode. Never mind what I'd do if I was actually IN that situation myself.
  • Options
    By the time my uncle got married (I was about 9 at the time), he had 9 nieces and nephews, 2 of whom (including me) were his goddaughters.  I don't remember if she had any nieces or nephews on her side.  Either way, they didn't have any kids in the wedding.  From what I remember and pictures have told me, they took a couple pictures with the whole lot of us kids and called it good.  I don't think any of us thought anything of it or were sad we didn't get to be in it.  We were just excited that they were getting married and that we were getting another fun aunt!

I agree with the others and say skip the kids... but you may be too late if you already asked those nieces.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I also say no kids...do a special picture with them after the wedding.

My cousin tried getting her youngest daughter as a FG in our wedding (her oldest was a FG) but I had to stick to my guns and say 'no'.  Her younger daughter is like a cat...everything is on her time and she is extremely unpredictable.  It was hard...I didn't want to hurt any feelings but I knew I couldn't make everybody happy all the time.  Everything worked out fine.

So if you REALLY want the kids in the wedding then you'll have to learn to say no.  Sounds like you already asked everybody so it probably would hurt their feelings if you said no to all kids.

How old is the oldest ("C" I believe you referred to her as).  Could she do a cute little reading?
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Just say no!  I have 2 daughters and my oldest was in a wedding and my younger daughter wasnt.  It wasnt a big deal.  My best friends son is our ring bearer and her 2 daughters are not in the wedding.  Again, not a big deal.  The little girls (7&8) asked me last week what they were being in the wedding and I told them they got to be guests.  They were totally fine with that answer.  I think at this point just have the 3 flower girls you already said could be in the wedding and the 2 ring bearers and that is it.  Tell anyone else who asks sorry but its not happening.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just don't have kids in the WP.  We only have 1 baby nephew, but my MOH has 4 kids, a BM has 4 kids, and another BM has 1.  We chose to avoid any hurt feelings and not include any of the kids in the WP. 

If you still really want to have the kids, have the older one do a reading or something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards