Texas-Houston
Options

wedding dress cleaning/preserving... hmm

Hi ladies,

Anyone have any good recommendations on where to get the dress cleaned and have it preserved? I'm leaning towards doing this instead of selling the dress (it's a Maggie Sottero) but am curious about what your opinions are. Plus I just checked with where I bought my dress (Ventura's) and it's $270 to get it cleaned ($150) and preserved ($120) there.

I'm also wondering whether to preserve or just sell it. What are you planning to do (for brides-to-be) or have you done (for the wives)?

Thanks ladies

Re: wedding dress cleaning/preserving... hmm

• Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's been almost six months since my wedding and I still am asking myself what to do with the dress. I haven't gotten it cleaned/ preserved and I think I want to keep it for sentimental reasons though the cash would be nice if we sold it. After alterations and everything it was almost $1500. 

I do know that Weddings by Debbie was going to charge $250 to preserve it and clean it, but I don't want to use them after all the hassle I had with everything there.

If I did sell it, I think I'd go to Marry Go Round. I heard they have a 50% consignment, but you'd have to check for sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you pop over to the nest for a minute and search the first page or two or three, we were discussing this over there last week.

been married almost 2 years now. I did a TTD session almost a year after the wedding and my dress is wadded into a ball on the floor of my closet still filthy. LOL
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is hung in my closet and I look at it everyday and think "Hmm, I wonder where I could wear this again..." 

:)
  • Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://houston.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_wedding-dress-cleaningpreserving-hmm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:51bd7360-127c-46f6-a8e3-fc792e95d7b8Post:8f8f7bc7-a8dc-460b-83c1-7663a3b14b87">Re: wedding dress cleaning/preserving... hmm</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is hung in my closet and I look at it everyday and think "Hmm, I wonder where I could wear this again..."  :)
    Posted by lauralee1[/QUOTE]

<div>lol that's good. mines at my parents, but i think about it often still! I wonder if I can wear it on our one year anniversary and eat wedding cake :P</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards