Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Snorkeling - First TImers

We are taking a 7 day cruise out of Miami with 3 stops:  Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.  We've never taken a cruise before, and really just want to enjoy pretty beaches when the cruise stops.  We thought we'd try snorkeling for the first time at one of these stops.  If you had to choose to snorkel at only one of these destinations, which one would it be and why?  I love warm, clear waters.

Re: Snorkeling - First TImers

• Options
    ditto spike.

• Options
    I went on a cruise last april that stopped in Cozumel and Grand Caymans and the Caymans water is the clearest water I have ever seen before!  It is amazing to snorkel there!  Cozumel was good too but not nearly as clear as I thought the Caymans were.
  • Options
    undoubtedly grand cayman. I've been snorkeling all over the world, including all destinations you've mentioned and grand cayman is hands down one of THE best. It is one of the top spots to snorkel around the world. The waters are clearer and the variety of aquatic life offered in grand cayman is way more diverse than ocho rios and conzumel. After I went to the cayman islands, all places I snorkel now just disappoint me because they don't live up.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Cozumel.  I agree!
  • Options
    I've been to all three stops - absolutely the Cayman Islands.  You can do Stingray City if that doesn't freak you out (the stingrays are so sweet), and you can also snorkel on the great coral reef nearby.  The Caymans have the best snorkeling I've done in the Caribbean. 

In Ocho Rios make sure you do Dunn's River Falls!
    Vacation
  • Options
    if i were you i'd head to your local dive shop and pick up a mask and a snorkel (and fins to if you want). you'll need them and using the ones that the excursions provide is 2 thumbs down. they rarely fit well, god knows who had their mouth on them before you etc.... for a few $$s you'll get ones that fit you properly-which makes a world of difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards