Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor wedding in Michigan ideas

I just got engaged and we're thinking about having an outdoor wedding in Michigan. We envision somewhere overlooking a lake. We would like it to be close to the DTW airport. Any ideas or suggestions? Any are appreciated and welcomed. Thanks! 

Re: Outdoor wedding in Michigan ideas

• This is an international board, so it would be best for you to post this on your local board. You can find yours by clicking on "Local Wedding Boards" that is located on the light blue panel on the left.
  • Thank you. This is all a bit new to me. :) 
  • No problem! Welcome to the boards!
  • We just booked at Metrobeach.  They have a decent size pavilion that can be closed or open with glass doors around the whole thing.  It's pretty cool and inexpensive, but not super close to DTW.  I'd say it's at least a good hour away.
  • i live downriver and after looking all over the place we chose Weller's -
     wellersweddings.com
    It's in saline, but still not a very far drive, plus there is ton of stuff for out of town guests to do in ann arbor which is the next town over. 

There is a dam across the street and then like a little creek that runs through the property.  The indoor area is a little country but we are only doing the sit down portion of our reception (dinNER) inside, adn then they have this awsome outdoor reception area- we will move out here right after everyone finishes eating.  The grounds are just absolutely gorgeous and I hear the food is also phenomenal- plus you get to order ur alcohol at cost- big saver if you are planning on having an open bar.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards