Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Vegetarian / Vegan Catering Fort Worth

My FI & I are vegetarian (I've been one for 11 years, he's only been veg for a little over a month). At first, we were looking into have some vegetarian food, and some food with meat, but the more I think about it, the more I just want all vegetarian food. I really don't want that many more animals to die because of my wedding (JMO). You wouldn't expect a Jewish couple to serve pork at their wedding, would you? Same kinda thing here. All those meat-eaters will survive being open-minded and going without meat for 1 meal anyway.

Anyway, anyone know of anyone who had all vegetarian or vegan food at their wedding? If so, what caterers did they use? I'm trying to find a good vegetarian or vegan caterer for our wedding. I checked with Spiral Diner, but I'm still trying to look around and see what other options there are out there for vegetarian or vegan catering.

Re: Vegetarian / Vegan Catering Fort Worth

• Options
    Sooo....if you went to a wedding and there was absolutely no vegetarian option available, you'd be fine with that right?  After all, you could certainly be "open minded" for just one meal, correct?  After all, this is THEIR wedding and THEIR day so you'll just suck it up and eat whatever is there, or just choose not to eat--no problem, right?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to make you see the other side of it.

Here's an older review I found.  HTH.

Caterer – www.twosisterscatering.com" Two Sisters Catering – A+ - We really loved this team. We wanted a vegetarian, and eco-friendly meal and they did it with aplomb. They were UBER professional and the food was AMAZING.  They may be a little out of budget for some couples, but we were able to swing it since we kept the guest count very low. If you can afford them, it’s worth every penny. They use as much local and organic food as they can find, and they handle all of your rentals through Ducky Bob’s, for no up charge. The waitstaff was great, and both Monica & Stephanie were wonderful to work with
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_vegetarian-vegan-catering-fort-worth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:66c3e81d-371d-421e-b468-6865183e6861Post:9ec4bf92-5309-4abf-812b-f47e090107d5">Re: Vegetarian / Vegan Catering Fort Worth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sooo....if you went to a wedding and there was absolutely no vegetarian option available, you'd be fine with that right?  After all, you could certainly be "open minded" for just one meal, correct?  After all, this is THEIR wedding and THEIR day so you'll just suck it up and eat whatever is there, or just choose not to eat--no problem, right? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to make you see the other side of it. Here's an older review I found.  HTH. Caterer –  <a href="http://www.twosisterscatering.com" rel="nofollow">www.twosisterscatering.com</a> " Two Sisters Catering  – A+ - We really loved this team. We wanted a vegetarian, and eco-friendly meal and they did it with aplomb. They were UBER professional and the food was AMAZING.  They may be a little out of budget for some couples, but we were able to swing it since we kept the guest count very low. If you can afford them, it’s worth every penny. They use as much local and organic food as they can find, and they handle all of your rentals through Ducky Bob’s, for no up charge. The waitstaff was great, and both Monica & Stephanie were wonderful to work with
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Vegetarians can't eat food that isn't vegetarian, but meat-eaters CAN eat food that is vegetarian... So the road doesn't go both ways there... Thanks for the info on Two Sisters.
  • Options
    And if I was at a meat-y wedding, I would just eat whatever I can (rolls, salad, whatever side items), since usually not everything is meat. But, if it were some case where everything was meat, I just wouldn't eat.
  • Options
    City Kitchen would be great! I'm not vegetarian and although it isn't all vegetarian, they do have some vegetarian options... like stuffed mushrooms, salads, sweet peppers, and pasta dishes. They cater for our work all the time and the vegetarian options are delicious!

And hey, it's your day; You do what you want to do!

http://www.citykitchen.com/dallas_weddings.html#
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards