Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Question about wedding planners

If your venue space includes a day-of coordinator that can recommend vendors, is there still a benefit to hiring your own wedding planner? Thanks in advance!

Re: Question about wedding planners

• Options
    themadplannerthemadplanner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely there's a benefit.  Let me fully disclose that I'm a wedding planner who is getting married in New Orleans in May or 2011.  I don't live in New Oreans- I live in Florida.  So, I may be biased, but I speak from years of experience :)

If your wedding is anything other than "the standard wedding" at the venue of your choice, I would highly recommend hiring an independent planner.  An indepedent person is far more tuned in to your vision and handling issues the way YOU would want them handled.  Most venue coordinators, no matter how good they are, aren't able to or don't want to handle that much more than the basics. 
    I'm not knocking venue coordinators - a lot of them are GREAT and they all work VERY HARD.  But, compared to an independent planner,  they don't have much incentive to pay any special attention to your specific needs if a hairy situation presents itself.   

That being said, if you have are having a fairly simple wedding, you might not need to hire an outside planner.  At the end of the day, it's really about what will give you the most peace of mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

having a planner especially helped me the week of- it was really nice that i didn't have to talk to any vendors that week or on the wedding day about confirming them/ their arrivals, etc. i got to hang out with my fiance and family /friends that were in town instead.

• Options
    McShan2011McShan2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with "the mad planner!"

We are using Dakota Cuvee Events based off of many references & so far they seem to be FABULOUS!! 

They have 2 packages for wedding planning and a day of package.  

They do catering and event planning but you don't have to have both.  

Good luck! 

AH 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards